Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sell respect

Started by QuackQueen [3305467] on in General Discussion.

10 replies · 362 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
QuackQueen [3305467]

So I was talking to my faction mates and learnt that I could essentially join a higher level fight but only get the respect if I do the finishing blow . Then I thought... couldn't this be a service that a high level player could provide ... business idea or stupid?

Zhorak [2826991]

Well, in ranked wars, assits are important to distract big guys and throw temps at them. And some factions (including mine) pays for those assists. So it's already a business. But you can't do that outside of the faction, won't give the respect multiplier I guess. Also in wars outsiders have to wait 1 min after hospital discharge. So you can provide that service in your faction's wars only

Lewis [1312721]

Is that 1 minute delay new?

 

I haven't warred in a few years, but I thought I could always just hop out of hosp and continue chaining. 

 

Honestly I am not sure how wars go these days it has been so long, so I should probably do some research but I'm lazy.

b1zon [2504699]

It's been around for some months now. It's killed any chance of interference/merc jobs that were viable before.

Lewis [1312721]

That sucks, I remember guesting before and being paid per hit.

 

Honestly a shame, was a nice mechanic / fun way to play.

Lewis [1312721]

For each person in the fight, the target has reduced stats / effectiveness AFAIK.

 

It's why large groups would be needed up to take down BB / Duke, then you'd have someone like Z who has the stats to do the damage basically control and win the fight.

 

it's definitely a cool mechanic. Especially as for most players  - the top 100 are untouchable with their billions / trillions / quintillions of stats, it gives us a way to fight back, even if it does require a lot more E usage.

Awesome-O [2356036]

Dude... your 25 days old.... you ain't finishing any hits

 

But.... yeah it could work

But..... whybwould a faction pay someone to do a finishing hit when they could do it themselves and keep money

Auggie [924001]

Would be prohibitively expensive and hard for a high lvl slutting service.  Stats would need to be within a range that the lower lvl could actually dmg the target, cost of E, and not tons of respect per hit.  Would be easier to buy bonus hits in faction chains or something