Citizens of Torn, it is I, Delirium a. k. a. Radikal_Chef, the plastic sword remover, enemy of Leslie.
Great news everyone! Yesterday and 2 days ago, I've erased a total of 41 092 plastic swords, adding up to a total of 161 428 plastic swords removed from Torn's circulation since the start of this great adventure and fulfilling endeavour which started on the 5th of May 2021.
Circulation graph:
Total plastic sword accumulation graph:
Gain of plastic swords per week:
This has once again been a great journey. This wave started at the 4th of September 2023, taking a total of 290 days. The goal was 40K plastic swords, which has been fulfilled.
What do the numbers mean?
This time the performance was greater. Last time, I only got around 13K swords in 105 days, making for an average of 123 plastic swords per day, however this time it is 41K plastic swords in 290 days, bringing the average up to 141 plastic swords per day, great success! Unfortunately, not quite good enough yet to overcome the influx of new plastic swords, but an improvement nonetheless.
Cash.
If every plastic sword I bought was worth exactly 20K, then this wave comes up to 821 840 000 Torn dollah. The figure isn't 100% accurate, as I did occasionally buy from bazaars at a lower or higher price, however over 98% of all swords that I got were purchased from my beloved and devoted traders at that stable 20K per sword price.
Quality?
Highest quality plastic sword found: 72,25%, topping off our previous record by 0,03%
Lowest quality plastic sword found: 0,14%, which is not really all that interesting.
Complications..
This time I had some complications with the selling process. You see, in all of the previous waves, I've given great weight to the convenience of Big Al's "Select all" button, allowing me to erase thousands of plastic swords in seconds.. but this time it didn't work. Every time I've tried selling more than 200 plastic swords per sale, all good ol' Big Al said was.. "504." Dunno if this is because Big Al is fed up with my deep devotion to Torn's environmental well-being, or if it's a fault of the greater authority, but regardless, a smart and dedicated mind can never be stopped by the limitations of bureaucracy, so I sold the 41 thousand plastic swords 120 at a time, with occasional lags, 504, 502 and 500 errors, and painfully long process times. After the amount got down to 10K, Big Al decided to allow me sell larger quantities again, probably out of pity, which was a great relief at the end. This is also the reason why this time the removal itself happened in 2 days instead of 1 day, I simply didn't expect that a process that usually takes 10 minutes is gonna take hours now.
New name, who dis?
New name, still the old dedicated and loyal. Delirium, Radikal_Chef or RedMacSvK, I'm still the same person, still the true and greatest enemy of that Devil Leslie, still the greatest protector of Torn's environmental well-being, and still the guy you sell plastic swords to. Nothing has changed.
So what now?
Another wave? Another goal? Another deadline?
Yes, but different. This time, I'm going to choose a different approach for the removing. Instead of making one wave that destroys bunches, I'll be removing on weekly basis, taking charts into consideration, comparing the influx of new with the removal of mine to see the true effective weekly result. This will still make for a great headline, but it will restrict me more into extending it, whilst providing me with the comfort of not having to deal with Big Al's 504 thing. We'll see how it goes, I'm really looking forward to having more of a long-term impact on the chart instead of just making a small gap in the bigger picture.
This is all for now. Thank you all for supporting me on this journey. Special thanks goes out to my devoted traders who continue to help me out, this wouldn't be possible without you <3
Until next time (probably around winter this year), cheers.
Mentions: 6th wave of plastic sword removal · I'll buy all of your plastic swords [OPEN]