Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Another point system change

Started by BAER357 [2731303] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 106 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
BAER357 [2731303]

We have all seen the effects of the recent changes to the points market.  Depending on what side of TORN's wealth gap you are on you either love it, or hate it.  (I'm down a few bil in NW but im still ok.)  Maybe my suggestions have been said, but I haven't seen it.  So here you go.  I'll leave it up to the TORN community to pick this apart.

 

Both of these suggestions will raise the demand for points.  Which in turn, wil raise the price of points.  And if I understood Cheds post about faucet and drains correctly, this creates a new drain for his TORN economy.  All while, I think, making everyone happy.  

 

1 - Allow for 2 daily point refills. (suggested by my faction mate tremere)

 

2 - Buy tokens with points.  (Especially since it seems all events to earn tokens are gone)  1st token costs 25 points, and it doubles each time after that.  25 points, then 50, then 100, 200, 400, etc....  Maybe cap it at 10k points or something idk.

 

-BAER

Noblewolf [2342371]

I'm trying to do the math, but it's too early and I have things to do...

 

Your refills are a good idea, but your point per token is way too steep. The most expensive honor bar in the token shop is 25 tokens. 25 tokens at 25 points per token is 625 points for an honor bar.

stax [1132977]

And 625*40k/point is only like $25m, so even the most expensive one would only be 2.5x buying a normal merit right now. Rare token shop honors should be substantially more expensive than such mundane things. Maybe not the continually-doubling version OP suggested, but they should be expensive. Maybe 50/token? 100?

Noblewolf [2342371]

I'm sorry. Yes, not the doubling.

 

625*38,500 (current price) is ~$24mil. Double that, (50/token) is $48mil. For the most expensive one. Not entirely unreasonable. So I wouldn't go more than 50/token.

 

And I expect the point price will go back up, so $50mil+.

BAER357 [2731303]

I would say 50m for the rarest honor bar in the token shop is way too cheap.  I'm considering all the work needed to get that right now in the current system.

 

It's easy to get the first few and then it gets incredibly hard.  1 year of events would only get u a few merits from the token shop.  And after a while it takes a whole year of events to get just 1.

 

So if all the events are going away to earn tokens.....buy em with points.  Definitely cap the price per token at a certain number tho

BAER357 [2731303]

Update.  Ched says they token shop will go away too and the merits will be redistributed elsewhere so the only viable option that remains is 2 points refills per day