Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missing API data user/properties selection

Started by jtower [2287159] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 121 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

jtower [2287159]

Just a minor issue, for which in the api there are no differences between a property in which nobody is living, a property in which you are living, and a property up for rent, but not yet rented (the rented field is populated only when there's an active rental contract).

 

Here are the 3 cases and descriptions in the UI

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

 

This is the current data (similar for all 3 cases):

 

                "{property_id}": {
"owner_id": 2287159,
"property_type": 13,
"property": "Private Island",
"status": "Owned by them",
"happy": 5025,
"upkeep": 100000,
"staff_cost": 252500,
"cost": 500000000,
"marketprice": 1952788000,
"modifications": {
"interior": 2,
"hot_tub": 1,
"sauna": 1,
"pool": 3,
"open_bar": 1,
"shooting_range": 1,
"vault": 4,
"medical_facility": 1,
"airstrip": 1,
"yacht": 1,
},
"staff": {
"maid": 4,
"guard": 5,
"pilot": 1,
"butler": 3,
"doctor": 1,
},
"rented": null,
}

 

 

We can fix it, by adding some sort of "status" field, with values similar to the ones in the ui, I guess.

e.g. "You are living here", "Owned by you", "Up for rent"

 

I know there's already a status field, which i'd rename to "owner". But I also don't want to break things, so I guess that change could potentially happen for v2. And in the meanwhile for v1, we can just use another field, like "property_status" or similar?

 

 

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hmmm, good point. 

There are currently some other priorities, so I would also make these changes in v2. I'll leave this bug open and let you know when that is done (but it might take a bit).

Thank you!

slippedcactus [2897380]

How do does a renter cancel a contract, which the landlord agrees with? Because I've rented so I could save to get my own property and when I did there was time left over. On the one I'm having problems with is, I rented for a hundred days but after 10 days I no longer need the island and only asked for half the money returned to find that it's not possible. My question is why not? If landlord and renters agree too cancelation then why not. The two parties agree with messages and like with trade they press agree and all done. It could even generate jobs like lawyers for mitigation. But the initial agreement of refund to the renter then lets the landlord rent again and still not lose out on to much 

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey, 

So 'user' -> 'properties' is now finally refactored in API v2:

https://www.torn.com/swagger.php#/User/574a416ca46717830f03a2f685955b87 

 

When requesting this selection with Limited or higher API key, there's a 'status' field shown, which can be one of the following: 

"none", "in_use", "rented", "for_rent", "for_sale".

The responses vary a little bit depending on the 'status' field value. 

The owner's details are shown in the 'owner' field. 

I hope this has everything you need, but please do let me know if something's missing or you'd like me to add something else.

You can also view this post for more details: 
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=63&t=16401584&b=0&a=0&start=300&to=26102141  

Thanks!

Mentions: Upcoming API changes