Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Soccer gambling wrong?

Started by Wilzzzones [3051862] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 132 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Wilzzzones [3051862]

Yesterday I bet on argentina winning the america cup, after the match end I find that all the money that was bet is lost when argentina actually won. I'm lost or something's missing? Is was not a descomunal amount of money but like 8m and was frustrating.

Buda [2194089]

was the bet a 3 way? win/lose/tie

 

pretty sure the bet goes to the end of regulation, so if it was a tie and went into overtime then it would likely be a valid bet loss.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

This. I googled it and the game was scoreless after regulation. So it went into extra time. 

 

So the final is a tie after regulation had expired. 

 

This happens a lot. 

Wilzzzones [3051862]

But it's not like if the time ended and went to penalties that by law is a tie, it was a final and someone was declared winner without penaltys, dunno maybe I'm wrong but I feel pretty bad about this

Ar53_Hol [2430424]

All bets are at the end of ordinary time. It’s a pain I know and it’s not just a torn thing, if you went to the bookies irl you would have had the same result. 

Chuwawaloki [2595732]

Off topic but it’s technically football in 90% of the world (anywheres that’s not America/settled by mainly americans) and the Americanized version (that came after the British version) would be American football