Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Constant captchas?

Started by Tibit [2023328] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 165 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

PurpleFire [2868362] ×2

Tibit [2023328]

Am I the only one running into constant captchas? I've opened the accordions and it says the account is flagged for unusual activity.

Could this be related to this new feature edge has: Try Microsoft Edge's VPN Browser | Microsoft Edge ?

 

I have enabled Edge VPN, I'll disable it if that's what's causing this, but I don't see how me playing the game like a normal person is causing unusual activity, kind of worrying.

Hemicopter [2780600]

accordion? on the cloudflare turntable? he is for sure talking about the bothunter page.

 

@TibitTV

Bothunter tracks your clicking and speed of actions. If you lately installed some scripts or have been doing some "trick" lately to do something faster than anyone else, this might flag you. hotkeys should also be avoided

 

does this sound correct to you?  

Awesome-O [2356036]

I had around a week of 

 

"I'm not a bot" check boxes

 

I've been here nearly 5 years.... if I was a bot I think I deserve to keep my account

 

 

Edit

AutumnKome disliked your post

Constant captchas?

 

What did I do to them!!!

Was this insulting in some way???

SwiftJustice [1964832]

yeah you been hit with the bot hunter i once had this with the amount of links i was clicking and how fast i was clicking them (during the easter event) and i got hit with the bot hunter bot just chill on clicking it will go away in a few days if you click less just chat and click normal

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

The FAQ next to the captcha explains everything. If the system detects some repetitive bot like activities on your end, it will flag you for doing captcha. The system will automatically remove you from the list once things go back to normal. Unfortunately, the nature of these checks aren't something that we can make public.


Thanks!

Samurache [1174171]

I am also getting drowned in captchas for around a month now. Initially i thought it was because of too much jail refreshing, but i haven't done that in a while.

I switched from mostly mouse to mostly keyboard navigation. If that's what's doing it and it won't readjust itself... meh lol.

PurpleFire [2868362] Committee Committee

 


If you are using a screen reader/keyboard for navigation, you will be flagged.


The bot hunter does not care which browser or screen reader you use.


As for general navigation, ease of use, and dev support, NVDA is the screen reader I use on PC, and Talk Back on Android.


Personally, I am more comfortable with Microsoft Edge but do use Google Chrome from time to time. Firefox works just fine also.


I understand the native screen readers for Mac and IPhone work well, though I have never tried either.


There are no general guides for keyboard navigation in Torn, but I make use of headings and single character navigation most often.


Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding navigation, I'll do my best to get you going. :)