Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pickpocket level reset

Started by Jayinguh [3361461] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100

Most-liked replies

Jayinguh [3361461]

So I had around level 13-14 in pickpocketing (Im new), and after I did a pickpocket earlier today, my level reset to 1. I know that critical fails lower level, but definitely not the amount of levels I had at once. Has this happened to anybody else before or just me?

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

So I had around level 13-14 in pickpocketing (Im new)

 

That's false, you have never been at level 13 or 14 in pickpocketing. The most you have had is 7

 

 

 I know that critical fails lower level, but definitely not the amount of levels I had at once.

 

That's all there is to it, you critically fail a crime, you lose skill. You can check your logs here, it shouldn't be a big mystery as to why you are losing skill.

 

Eri_ [3382937]

How is it not a bug that you lose all of your pickpocketing XP on one fail, like when I fail on like shoplifting it doesn't remove all my levels???

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Compare how many crime successes are required to level up from 1 to 2 and for 11 to 12. The exp required for each level up increases which makes it easier to gain/lose levels at lower Levels then it is at higher levels. Skill loss mechanics don't change between various crimes.