Something was mentioned, I believe in 2015, about church vows being renewable. The post mentions having an affair and spending 50 energy to renew the vows; in my opinion, such an event should dissuade their partner from continuing the marriage, and make one prompt the divorce feature. (To each their own.)
The idea I am proposing is a renewal of vows, and a way to see any previous vows you have made; some couples in life decide that they want to renew their vows at major milestones in their relationship. (whether that be annually, decennially, etc.) In such a game like this, doing so would allow for players to review their former "commitments" and rewrite/reaffirm them. I don't want to suggest an idea that it would do anything for/against the user (i.e. refill happiness or spend 50 energy), except being able to recap on what they've already done in the past and have the option to reiterate those vows. For players/users who are active without their spouse being here, it would be great to have the option still available, even when unaccompanied by the inactive party; in a manner, that all the user could do is look over their vows and not be able to rewrite them unless their partner were to be at the church with them for a renewal ceremony. I wouldn't mind people expanding on this idea, just throwing it out there to hopefully gain the support of the community.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this.