Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API Tool not working

Started by FILFY [2377561] on in API Development.

15 replies · 185 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

FILFY [2377561]

I recently just paid for Chat GPT Plus for the soul purpose of using torn gpt. Come to find out that the API tool "is not available"

Did I just waste my money for no reason? And when is the API tool going to be available again?

Omanpx [1906686]

What? What do you mean by "torn gpt"? And what "API tool" are you talking about? I get the feeling you are very confused and misinformed...

FILFY [2377561]

It's literally on chat GPT. All you have to do is download the app and not be living under a rock. This has been on the torn forums and from what I understand, confirmed by ched. It's literally just an API key request. Same as any other API key request. It's not that Odd of a topic. Torn gpt say that the service is disabled currently and lists reasons it might be disabled. It also told me to contact support for the reason. So here I am, asking, with no useful answer yet.

FILFY [2377561]

Is this a trusted source? Will it give me real time market data? Explain more about how torn gpt is useless so I can rate it with the lowest rating on chat GPT. Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Omanpx [1906686]

Ah, you meant that gimmick. Like mavri said, aside from a one off basic API call, it's a useless little toy. You won't get much use from it for real time market data as it's likely too slow and indirect for that purpose. Just pay a developer to make you a basic bot or an updating spreadsheet, will be way cheaper and actually work.

 

What mavri linked is a documentation on how to use Torn API, but it won't give you any actual data itself, just the information needed to build some tool to do it.

Kwack [2190604]

What makes you think a third party bot made by someone was confirmed or backed by ched?

 

Secondly, as far as I'm aware there is no chat gpt app. 

Omanpx [1906686]

There is a Chat GPT app, at least on android. But like you said, Ched would never approve a third party tool like that, not sure if he even approved TornStats which is made by a staff member.

 

Kwack [2190604]

Ched also covers server fees for TS (or at least a chunk - not sure tbh).

 

The only officially "endorsed" apps that I know of are PDA and TS. I believe DrN was at some point as well, but that was a long time ago (back when city watch was taken down). 

FILFY [2377561]

I found out about torn gpt through the forums. Within the post, the OP said the Ched said it was okay to post about it.