Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

paramedic

Started by adeleg14 [3288451] on in Health & Fitness.

3 replies · 134 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
Cookie23 [3499940]

I'm going into the same profession. It's not going to be easy, but definitely worth it. For me it's not about the money I have been doing this kind of stuff since I was a lifeguard, and it just hooked to me. I like helping people. I would start out with a EMT class do that for about a year then move on to your RN for about a year or two as well. After that you'll have enough experience to be a paramedic. You will still have to go to school to be a Paramedic, but like I said. It's worth it. There is a shortage of Paramedics in life so it's good that you want to be one. Just stay focused and don't give up on it.

Order [1836572]

ASIDE from Med school: If you are looking into becoming a paramedic, I would strongly suggest taking advantage of the training fire departments offer for volunteers.  I do not have experience in police cadet programs (often for younger individuals) but I'm sure some of what you could learn would help make you a better paramedic.  Some CDC instructors do Severe trauma training scenarios (not actual live fire lol).  

 

I went to college; the hardest part was not the coursework it was the admirative part of each semester. 

Beefy5LayrDildo [3674090]

Hi there. EMT-Intermediate here (10 years in EMS)

I would recommend looking at local volunteer departments, generally EMS is always understaffed. I wouldnt go towards paramedic as if youre an MD/DO you can challenge the NREMT-P exam, last I checked. 

I'd do EMT-B or AEMT for real clinical experience & an actual clinical foundation.