Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The fugative

Started by Sannemander [2088627] on in Politics & Law.

6 replies · 34 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
8 / 100
Story score
21 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
A707 [2600371]

So they are trying to arrest a man for holding a democratic vote on whether catalonia wants to stay a part of Spain. 

 

I'm not guessing the case against catalonian independence is getting any stronger because of this

Sannemander [2088627]

My true view on it is, that I think Catalonia should stay part of Spain, but it depends more on which parties come in power in Spain, the previous government of Spain tried to stop the Catalan language as a main language at schools for instance, instead of crushing Catalan language, it has lead to this referendum. At that time I was certainly more pro independence than I am now for the moment.

 

The new socialist government is way more open to the Catalan culture, so at this moment I guess most people here don't really want the hassle of going independent at this moment, but that can change with every election to come.

 

So it depends more in what other Spaniards vote for.

 

Anyway, I still remember the imagers of the Spanish Guardia Civil kicking old people, that was really a shit stain on Spain internationally.

A707 [2600371]

I mean, from what I can see, catalans have constantly voted for independence, unless the referendums were skewed in some way. 

 

The only problem with honouring that is the effect it may have on the Spanish economy.

Sannemander [2088627]

The truth is, about 50% or a bit less is for independence, but that number fluctuates depending on who is in power in Spain.

 

You must realize, that under Franco, a lot of Spanish people were brought to Catalonia and also after a lot of people came, because it's economically one of the richest areas of Spain, and they are normally more opposed to independence considering they have family ties in other parts of Spain.