Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Colourblind Mode

Started by Fuckery [2653035] on in Suggestions.

10 replies · 131 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
25
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Fuckery [2653035]

A lot of people, like myself, are colourblind and find certain aspects of torn hard to look at or read.

 

I personally am red/green colourblind, and some crimes are hard to read and so are weapon qualities.

 

For example, when I open a cache there's been a few times I thought I pulled an orange, it wasn't, it was yellow.

 

I nearly sold a red weapon on the market at one point because the red background just disappeared and looked like the dark mode background.

 

Things like the red and green in crimes, such as scamming, blends in and you're not sure if you're about to succeed or get a crit fail because you can't tell the difference.

 

Here's some examples:

 

Red gun through the eyes of a red/green colourblind person

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

Scamming through the eyes of a red/green colourblind person

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

Honestly, using yellow, green and red for colours is a massive mistake in general because they're so similar to each other that people who suffer with colourbliness is left shrugging and hoping.

 

My suggestion, a colourblind mode that changes certain aspects of the game to better colours for people who suffer with colourblindess.

 

For example,

 

Yellow Weapons: Can remain the same

Orange Weapons: Light Green

Red Weapons: Blue

 

If anyone can think of better colours, please let me know, but the above would help myself and I assume others see RW weapons better.

 

Crimes is a bit tricker, I admit, as scamming uses blue for some of the areas, but red and green and light green are just useless to us.

 

Maybe, if it's at all possible, allow us to choose our colours.

 

Chocobo [569589]

"Honestly, using yellow, green and red for colours is a massive mistake in general because they're so similar to each other(...)"

Tell me you're blind without telling me you're blind

 

Good suggestion, QoL in terms of a colorblind for certain parts of the game is a good idea

Runalf [2047589]

I know it sucks but... you can still just read... right? 

 

You can just read instead of looking at the actual colors? 

Neliex [2857538]

They could also add some lines/curves in small scamming cubes bar which would represent colours.

 

Like /// yellow

         \ green

         |||  red

 

Not sure would this make it simpler or more problematic. But it may give better idea to someone else. 

Fuckery [2653035]

Due to the arrows in temptation and sensitivity, yes, but without them they're very similar 

 

Low reward, medium reward and fail are very very similar 

 

God damn colourblind eyes 

Bey87 [3816484]

Hello ,  i am also sort of color blind  and although the scammer bars dont cause me trouble ,   the colors of the items   being yellow , orange and red are  the same for me and i cant tell the difference ,   specially between orange and yellow .     I think we could have more contrasting colors among item rarity.

 

Regards