Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

'Image Avatar Upload Failed'

Started by Marky_ [2178899] on in Bugs & Issues.

19 replies · 329 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
45
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Marky_ [2178899]

I tried a few times to upload a gif and set it as my profile photo but I am having issues.

 

As a final test I decided to download my current profile photo gif and reupload it to my gallery to see if it works. It does not.

 

It allows me to add the photo to my gallery but when I try to set it as my profile photo, I am met with the message 'Image avatar upload failed'. 

 

Tried on both PC and mobile, met with same message

 

There is no issue with the gif, since the image that received this error message is the exact same image that I currently have as my profile photo, just reuploaded

 

I did look for other reports but i cannot find one that mentions this message

 

[image: images2.imgbox.com]

 

DestroyerGK [2704966]

I tried multiple times and thought that I am doing something wrong while uploading pictures. But the issue persists with everyone. Please resolve this issue.

TwistdTomato [2538497]

Not trying to complain, just adding a +1 here, following all file size and dimension guidance helps none, android and pc, even made my spouse a gif pfp to upload from their own android and no joy. Just seems to be an issue with using any image uploaded recently. 

John_Of_Mud [712511]

same exact issue on my end uploading a png image. tried uploading an old one that I already had and had issue there. Will allow me to change to one I've used before, but not deploy new upload as pfp

Voranin [1034284]

Lost our faction leader IRL and wanted to upload something for the faction to remember him by, hope this issue gets resolved quickly: 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Do not post in the report asking for updates. The devs will provide an update when the issue is fixed. This is not Trading post where you need to bump every day.

Ranelio [4267130]

It happened again, not sure what to do to fix. tried reupload didnt help


--- UPDATE FOUND A WORKAROUND --- 

bring your gif to ezGIF then resize, add 5px on width (since it needs to be larger than 200px)
download then reupload. it worked for me.