Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hurricane impact

Started by Crazyjm0880 [1978745] on in General Non-related.

0 replies · 22 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 1 / 1 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
1
Discussion span
→
People posting
1
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
16 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
31 / 100
Crazyjm0880 [1978745]

So I live in the part of Georgia (Valdosta, Georgia) that got hit hard. From Perry Florida to my city is roughly a 90 min drive. I lost power around midnight Friday morning. While obviously I'm far enough inland storm surge wasn't a concern here. But we experienced wind speed of over 130 mph. The damage is wide spread. Our power company is saying Saturday at earliest. The house literally next door had a tree fall on it.

 

In total there's about 10 houses just in a 1/8 mile area completely destroyed. One of the worst I've seen yet. Is a house made from concrete had 3 trees land on it completely crushing it. One of the trees literally twisted before breaking. 

 

Anyone here who's been impacted by this hurricane please stay safe. Make sure to stay hydrated as the humidity can cause death and other medical conditions. Keep an eye ur local news for help.