Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scamming interface improvement

Started by squashua [261624] on in Bugs & Issues.

15 replies · 308 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
30
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

squashua [261624]

Enjoying the new Crime - but with the interface I'm sometimes criting by accident on mobile.

 

The issue?

 

When I want to changee to capitalise I sometimes end up clicking the action button - shooting me all the way to the right into a red zone. The area to select capitalise is right next to the action button on my phone's display.

 

I'm not sure what exactly the fix could be? One mitigation could be that once you're in the $$$ zone your action automatically updates to capitalise? It's all shifted to the left so that capitalise doesn't sit above action? Or the action button is disabled whilst you've got the different options open?

 

Thanks!

Squashua

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

One mitigation could be that once you're in the $$$ zone your action automatically updates to capitalise?

 

Or the action button is disabled whilst you've got the different options open?

 

These are both unacceptable as solutions. It is not a good practice to automatically change player selection to the optimal one, that is left as a player choice. I also disagree on disabling certain options, when they are clearly possible and is left up to players to choose/change.

 

It's all shifted to the left so that capitalise doesn't sit above action?

 

This is perhaps an acceptable solution, but I will have to refer this to Joe and ask our designer to see if this is something that we need to change.

 

 

Thanks!

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

We tried a concept and it was certainly a solution, but it just looked a bit weird out of context. If there were a lot of complaints regarding this, it'd be worth us taking action, but for now I don't think it's worth it.

WastedYouth [1626654] Reporter

I’ve hit this a few times as well - maybe moving the emoji bar to the left (aligning with capitalise instead of accelerate) would mitigate most of it. 

Penetration [2340613]

It's a problem on mobile. Would certainly be better to have more left aligned. Super frustrating to lose CE and progress through unintentional action.

MrNoggins [2741991]

On mobile I've done this more then once thought I was just dumb glad I'm either dumb with others or it's an improvement that could be made to UI 

Hesper [2924630]

(I am not OP just thought to mention bc i know you guys have a lot to read)

But this one looks better at least, more space for the thumb to not accidentally click something else at the right.