Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Type O Negative

Started by Slartibartfast [3441286] on in Music.

8 replies · 80 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Slartibartfast [3441286]

Who loves em? What's your favorite song by them? Or songs with Peter Steele singing. Did you get to see Peter live before his passing?

 

"IYDKMIGTHTKY (gimme that)," "Wolf Moon" and "We Hate Everyone" are a few of my favorite songs. I did not get to see him live. I've been into the band since 2001.

GORE506 [3201169]

I use to be obssessed with this band.

Good times. I remember being on vampire freaks and learning of the death of Peter. I was very sad...

Corvis [2331260]

I had the honour of meeting Peter Steele when I worked at Roadrunner Records, and played football with him. He was called "Lurch" for a reason; being hit by him was like running into a brick wall. I was deeply saddened when he died.

LXXVII [2683805]

I had the pleasure of seeing Type O in concert once back in '03. They played with Cradle of Filth. Favorite songs include, Wolf Moon, Love You to Death, Black No. 1, and Christian Woman.

PrivateSnowball [111337]

YouTube video xRoSL0kdQFk

 

 

i discovered type o as a kid in the 90s. watching the music video for black number 1 and seeing peter play that stand up bass like any normal person would play a regular bass, is permanently stuck in my mind, as such that is my favorite by them. 

never got to see them, would have loved too, surprisingly gothic metal, not that popular in bumf**k iowa

Elzeothis [2961389]

Back in the 90s, Peter Steele's voice was... well, I'll just say magical to us high school girls.

 

I got to see Type O live, once, during a tour with... I can't remember now but maybe it was Danzig, Ozzy, or Korn? I really have a hard time remembering back that far, I've done a lot of drugs since then >_< 

 

Bloody Kisses and October Rust were pretty much on perpetual repeat for several long, good years... although I won't name my favorite song of all time, as it will most likely rile up the good citizens of Torn. Suffice to say its title and lyrics were offensive AF, as intended to be.

 

 

Lots of warm, fuzzy, dreamy adolescent memories to go hand in hand with the memories of Type O. Thanks for bringing them up! Always heartbroken to see musical gifts leave too soon, however.

Nekrow_0Kvlt [3179974]

Type O has been my favorite band since way back in late 1999 when i was in my very early teenage years. I remember hearing them for the first time and thinking "THIS is what I've been looking for!" I got to see them live twice before Pete died. The last time was during the Dead Again tour in Worcester, MA. My girl and I had left The Palladium to go to the car to get high and drink some beers after the Black Metal band Dark Funeral played and before Type O came on. We walked around the corner and Pete was getting out of the bus. We walked past him and he told her that her (Type O) shirt sucked. I was like a deer in headlights. Then, during that same show we were at the very front of the audience. He saw us, made eye contact and spit wine all over us. Best day of my whole shitty life. Still listen to them weekly, if not daily. And for the last 20ish years during Halloween and Xmas I always listen to "All Hallows Eve" and "Red Water". The first song I ever heard, and one my all time favorites to this day, is "Everyone I Love Is Dead".