Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Opening up my data stream

Started by Glasnost [1844049] on in API Development.

3 replies · 126 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Glasnost [1844049]

With Item Market 2.0 in particular, I released a quick API to share my data with others to build tools on to prevent duplicating many requests to Torn. Since doing so, there appears to be an appetite for access to the quantity of data I can gather quickly so people can build their own apps on top of it and avoiding hitting Torn's API or rate limits.

 

I'd like to open a discussion and gauge interest for me opening up my data stream to others. In particular, how you'd like to see this done and what data everyone wants to see.

 

At present, I have 2 takes on this, which could be run together if needed:

 

Opening up a message queue

 

This would be something like beanstalk or RabbitMQ etc. The idea is each person could have their private queues to receive data on. I can load in specific data, or even the raw API responses received, and share it via this mechanism for your needs.

 

Extend the API

 

I am planning to add a lot more functionality to my API already, but of course I'd like to get an idea of what everyone would like to see in terms of priority features here.

 

 

 

Any and all thoughts welcome here.