Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Player Experiences

Started by SwingRacc [3432692] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 593 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
76
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

SwingRacc [3432692]

Howdy y'all it's ya girl Swing!

 

Today i wanna ask the community a question.

 

How was it when you were starting out compared to where you are currently?

 

I'm interested in hearing both older and newer players explain their experiences with Torn and how they feel about starting out.

 

bfb926 [220559]

Tbh it was a completely different game when I started so it's really hard to compare. It was a much slower game back then, especially since mobile play wasn't really an option. Yeah you could try logging into torn with a flip phone, but it really sucked and was almost unusable. 

Salty_Jack [2685023]

I used to think one million is a lot of money, now I just gamble ten times more casually and don’t give it a f***.

100 hits during a chain felt like a challenge, now it’s just a routine.

 

I used to have a life outside Torn, now there’s almost no situation in life when I wouldn’t stop what I’m doing to stop the alarm, buy plushies and fly back to Torn.

 

Best game ever no matter what. 

Eldrava [1756600]

Vague memory, but got on, got random messages, was anxiety filled so told several to... go away... and then didn't touch it for a couple thousand days. Thoroughly enjoying it now, 10/10 wouldn't touch grass again.

Janna0407 [3006907]

Chugging xanax daily, having both refills, warring for $ every week or two is definitely better than eating lsd, no refills, no war, no guidance.

Ember_ash [3107625]

If you are level 15 and not flying, you start by losing 1 - 0. Those who do not fly lose the game.

l'm loss