Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fook You Bogie

Started by Spam [2144013] on in Graveyard.

19 replies · 560 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
101
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

Most-liked replies

Spam [2144013]

I have decided to quit Torn. I will self fed my account and quit completely altogether. All thanks to Bogie who clearly has a personal vendetta against me. He made my torn gameplay experience unbearable and unpalatable. 

f**k you, Bogie. Nobody likes you. You have the face of contempt and you are a bitch. 

Now ban me, you piece of shit. Torn isn’t as fun as it used to be.

Asemov [2270413]

To be fair he's tried multiple avenues to get his chat ban lifted and you guys aren't even willing to have a dialog on the manner with him.

It's been continuous "Not yet" stonewalling for the entire time I've had the joy of knowing this man and interacting with him on a daily basis.

I too would harbour a lot of resentment towards the staff if any attempts at appealing for over a year were stonewalled.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Why is it my fault that he got himself permanently chat banned following 6+ offences for obscenity in public chat? Is there a particular reason why he's entitled to having that lifted? Especially when he just repeatedly proves he's not a changed individual.

Vortuitous [2844636]

Just going to add here that Bogie does give many chances to individuals that should be banned, whether it be forum, chat, or permanent. There are rules in place and if we disobey them, especially multiple times, we should expect lengthy consequences. 

 

You might be thinking, "Oh, he's a newb trying to gain brownie points with Bogie", but I will tell you right now, I had made multi's, caused many issues on the chat features on Torn, made forum posts that were utter garbage, had countless warnings, and yet after so many chances after nearly 2-3 years of non-stop issues, Bogie gave me one final chance, despite previously saying I would never be allowed back.

Since that final chance, I have retained this account and kept quiet, abiding by the rules of Torn as I matured into a mindful adult.

 

TLDR: Bogie does give chances. You just have to go through the consequences and a long time period all the while behaving.

Asemov [2270413]

"Why is it my fault"


- Forgive me, did I ever specifically say it's your fault? I think I was pretty clear in your organizations refusal to have a dialog being a big sore spot.

To summarize: "you guys aren't even willing to have a dialog on the manner with him."

I think I summarized it here, if that were the official stance that's is what would have been said to him in private over the two years, not empty "Not yet" replies.

Considering he's been trying to well over a year, and has been more tame than you yourself often are on the forums.

I never said he's entitled to having that lifted, rather it's the refusal to have dialog with the man on the matter. Fun fact; you've just provided more insight publicly than he's been given over the past two years in private trying to appeal, what a great look.


You also can't say "repeatedly proves he's not a changed individual" when he's been unable to use the chat system for two years  four years- What are you using to gauge if he's changed?

 

Discord?

 

His forum shit posts that everybody (including you) makes?

MySpace? 

 

Cause it definitely can't be his chat interactions, for obvious reasons.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You also can't say "repeatedly proves he's not a changed individual" when he's been unable to use the chat system for two years - What are you using to gauge if he's changed?

 

My dude literally read up.

Lewiss [2012107]

Quite disingenious to say this since it's a reaction to being stonewalled yet again.

 

Whats the harm in giving him a shot after however long he has been banned? If hes a knob and does the same you just ban him again and wash your hands of it, never to be discussed again.

 

I'm not privy to anything that went on regarding the ban or since then, but SPAM is one of the nicest guys I've spoken to on this game, albiet a little trolly.

 

Just seems a little bit of a power trip to not even give him a chance and lead him on with "now is not the time"

 

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Whats the harm in giving him a shot after however long he has been banned? If hes a knob and does the same you just ban him again and wash your hands of it, never to be discussed again.

Because we've already done that yet here we are... Discussing it again...

Lewiss [2012107]

Like i said i am not privy to specifics like you are, My understanding was that it was a ban 2 years ago or so, and nothing since.

If not, I apologise for wasting your time.

 

 

Jerickw [2873975]

then tell him its a no chance of ever being un chat banned then not some not yet or give him a proper timeline like 1 year or 2 year minimum before it can be considered not some garbage not yet response 

Beerson [1576144]

Not very inclusive of you to chat ban a poor deaf guy, taking the only voice he had left.

 

Jokes aside (and Spam would love that one), I haven't known Spam for long, but he's always been a gent and a pleasure to speak with, especially thanks to his well developed dark sense of humor and light troll antics. I haven't seen him be unpleasant to anyone, even when political discussions were brought up. It is a shame to lose him, he will be dearly missed.

Asemov [2270413]

It's been four straight years.

Again; I asked you what you're using to gauge if he's changed if he's been unable to utilize chat for four straight years.

You sure aren't checking his Discord chat logs given that's out of the game, and you don't have chat logs to go off of, as he's been without chat for four straight years.

So how do you "gauge" if he's changed if not giving the guy a chance after four years?

Given you seem more willing to discuss Spam in the open than you are when he's tried to appeal.

Asemov [2270413]

You've said far worse in response to criticisms of you or Chedburn on the forums.

I don't normally give a crap what you say or do, but you do recognize the double standard here, right?

 

You have put players private dealings with staff in the public view, because you do not like the individual on multiple occasions.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I don't recall ever being discriminatory or sexually obscene involving dead family members in any of my comments but good to know you're clearly being fed a bunch of nonsense.

Asemov [2270413]

Hey, welcome to the internet, home of every person who's ever f**ked your mom - You expect that behaviour from idiots on the internet, it's called internet banter. 

If that's your base line, it's interesting that you still don't see the issue with your airing peoples dirty laundry publicly on the regular.

It's been four years Bogie, four years.

You guys did nothing 4 years ago when I reported a player for pushing a 15 year old Torn player to the verge of suicide because shit was happening over Discord and irl bullying was being dealt out over Torn and irl, while the bulk of verbal bullying was done in person and Discord. But glad to see action get taken over sexually obscenities involving dead family members - I'll remember that next time somebody talks about f**king my deceased mother.