Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mobile numeric qty fields

Started by NZPaul [3451123] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 15 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
NZPaul [3451123]

Hey,

 

Something that's been a little frustrating from a mobile point of view, is when im trying to update a qty on an input field i need to change my keyboard to numeric before I can enter the number I need in. 

 

Would there be anyway to marke these fields as numeric? 

 

(I'll try and upload some photos of what I'm talking about when I get back from travel)

 

This site has a good write up on it: 

https://css-tricks.com/finger-friendly-numerical-inputs-with-inputmode/

 

Cheers

 

Paul

 

Ar53_Hol [2430424]

So instead of writing 32m I have to write 32,000,000?

and I can no longer write half or all as a value?

or put a fraction in instead?

 

there are so many factors that you haven’t considered in this so I’m against the idea. Being a mobile user myself this would only be a hinderance instead of a help. 

NZPaul [3451123]

Oh I wasnt aware we could do that. That's actually pretty cool. 

 

That said, when I'm buying stuff in the market in generally not buying those sorts of quantities. That may just be me though.