Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

cloudflare blocking IP

Started by GrizzleSpit [3149512] on in Questions & Answers.

2 replies · 66 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
GrizzleSpit [3149512]

So I've ran into a problem using Firefox and user scripts, not sure if a bug, probably not, however a question I have none the less. I've recently started using Firefox browser on mobile and have tamper only with scripts in using since over started learning how they work. Last night I ran into an issue where cloudflare blocked my IP address and I couldn't access the game for a good few minutes. 

My question is has anybody had this issue before and is it possible that it is script related. I was randomly scrolling different pages and just got blocked. I considered maybe the scripts I'm using made too many calls to the API key in a period of time. I know there's only100 calls allowed in a time period but I'm new and a noob to coding and all that. I read that the downloadURL call and another one for update is advised against by greasemonkey and noticed 90% of my scripts use that exact command. If Im not making sense here it's because I'm new to scripts and coding and still very much learning. Please feel free to contact me if any questions or if you have an answer. I have a forum post I'm waiting to publish in the faction about the use of scripts and before I do that I want to make sure that this same thing won't happen to my guys if they start running scripts too. I love this game and would hate to lead any of my guys down a path that could lead in being permanent fedded or even blocked temporarily. Thank you hope someone can assist

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Are you using a VPN? It's possible that the IP that's attempting to connect is being blocked by cloudflare.