Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mission Not completing

Started by stabigail [2811777] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 63 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
stabigail [2811777]

Hello, 

 

TO PREFACE I did troubleshoot the issue, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it is definitely something interesting to look into. I tried to complete a mission where you send a player a message from Duke that includes a particular word.  When I do this, I usually copy the word off the mission card and paste it into my message so I don't forget the word.  However, when I did it this time, it did not trigger the mission as complete.  I did it another time with a longer message and it did not work.  I did it a third time and this time typed in the word and it triggered the mission as complete.  Not totally sure what that's about or if it was intentional to not allow words to be copied and pasted for missions. 

 

thanks

chaoticsoldier [2752977]

Someone else reported this as well, but it wasn't here in the bugs forum.

 

In a previous bug report I posted about this mission here, CJ confirmed there is a minumum word limit (exact value not disclosed), so you would expect that pasting the entire mission text containing Duke's special word should meet that word limit as others have done successfully before.

 

In the mission description Duke does say "Oh and make it a believable message in case the cops are reading", but I don't know if that refers only to the word limit or if copy/pasting the mission text is now not considered believable.

Mentions: Pass the word mission I need help · Pass the Word mission not recognising the word

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

If it didn't work, then it didn't work. You will have to try again, you did something wrong which did not trigger the mission completion.

 

Thanks!