Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missing Award/Merit

Started by MrJohnnyTorrio [88497] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 56 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
MrJohnnyTorrio [88497]

I am missing the Time Traveler Honor Bar/Merit for surviving a server roll back. Ive been playing Torn since roughly 2005, and was in college during the great server crash of 2007 (I forget exactly when, but I do know I was still in the dorms. so first half of 2007) and logged in eventually after servers were restored - and time was rolled back to do it.

 

I should have received this honor bar. I have been hesitant to complain about it because eh its just 1 honor bar but its distinctive, like my age. Several faction mates have advised that this is how I go about getting that fixed.

 

Thank you. If you need any additional information from me, I'd be happy to share.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You need to have been actively playing during the rollback window back in 2013 to be eligible to get the Time traveler award. If you do not have the award, you were not eligible to get it.

 

Thanks!

MrJohnnyTorrio [88497]

Sorry, I don't look at forums too much and didn't see this was replied to an entire year ago xD My apologies.

 

As for the spike.... I haven't any earthly clue. I do know that time frame is about when I started getting my life together and bought a new laptop and had the torn page open all day every day, but it'd have idled out pretty much every day whilst at work. I can't recall ever really using the mobile app very much, especially not back then, so I genuinely have no idea. spitballing ideas, but maybe it was a google (or even firefox, I know I was using that for a long while) version that was randomly reloading pages? I'm sure the anti-cheat systems would have picked up on that, however, and I'd have received some kind of message or warning, and I don't recall that ever happening so... I really don't know. I will say I have seen that spike myself and often been like 'what the hell was I doing then?' but then just kind of brush it off and move on.

 

To the original point of this report though, since you can see I was indeed actively playing during the great server crash of 2007... and still again in 2013 when you say the rollback window took place. can we look into retroactively giving me the honor bar I'm missing?

 

Thanks.