Hello! I’m experiencing 2 issues right now . First issue is probably a bug .. I’m getting emails with a One-time authorization code without me trying to log in from anywhere.. after looking at my log I saw that these requests look like they where from my ip . Either way I got scared and went to my security settings in my account which brings us to the second problem . To view my security settings I need to enter a password , however there is no password to be typed , when I signed up to torn I used the “sign up with Google” option.. and that’s how I’ve been logging in ever since , I tried typing my Google password there but that doesn’t work .
2fa bug and password issues
Started by BlackP [2808986] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 4
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 56 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
Most-liked replies
- PurpleFire [2868362] Committee
· 1 likes ·
I've been talking to him about this and suggested he used the account recovery to set up a password, since he apparently never set one up during account creation. He is nervous about clicking the 'forgot password' link, so I … - CloudJumper [1636201] · 1 likes ·
If the 2fa is being requested from your own IP address, the request can only be sent by one of your browser/devices. I will recommend you to switch over to Authenticator based 2FA, it is more secure and does not …
I've been talking to him about this and suggested he used the account recovery to set up a password, since he apparently never set one up during account creation.
He is nervous about clicking the 'forgot password' link, so I suggested he post here for more guidance.
If the 2fa is being requested from your own IP address, the request can only be sent by one of your browser/devices. I will recommend you to switch over to Authenticator based 2FA, it is more secure and does not have issue of the requests being spammed.
As for your password, George emails you a default password when the account was created, even if you signed up using Google account. You will need to check the Gmail inbox associated with your account.
Thanks!
Thanks !