Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Poaching attempts

Started by Abetting [2016807] on in Faction Discussion.

117 replies · 3.68k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 118 / 118 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
118
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Abetting [2016807]

Is this what it has come to? Everyone hates Monarch so much but now you spam members trying to poach them?

 

Are things that dismal over there that you need to fill the ranks with Vanguard members? Playing the game with integrity means trying to steal members from other factions?

 

No, I don't want to join and please stop messaging all of my faction mates. It's not a good look in the slightest.

 

nobbysheep [2854705]

04:30

Hey nobb! I just wanted to reach out and let you know the doors are always open for you to join PT. Our vision here has always been to strive to be the best while also working as a family to overcome adversity, and always playing the game with integrity. I know the factions have had their differences, but we would absolutely love to have you here! We have several shells with several purposes and I'm sure we could find one that suits your gameplay (:

Last message: 43 minutes ago

 

Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer

!Moved to Faction discussion (Recruitment forum is mostly for factions to recruit in)

 

Tbh poaching is a pretty common thing in Torn. In fact, I'm almost sure most members of big factions were members of other factions/families when they were younger, and eventually got poached/recruited into other factions. 

 

I don't like poaching personally. But it is what it is xD 

 

This one looks like a targeted campaign though. Spicy!

thestud [1654931]

Wow. Sabotaging a thread & shamelessly using it to recruit for yourself...

You should delete your post before CR reports you for impersonating them.

 

cankles [2137519]

I will join any faction that pays me $5b $4b. I don't care about loyalty or friendship, just money.  

 

-PS I am very good with money so if you need a treasurer, I am your guy.

 

 

Edit: The $5b $4b payment will ensure loyalty and friendship

Edit2: Lowered price for Black Friday.

Abetting [2016807]

Poaching is smol-pp energy regardless of who does it. If you can't attract players to your faction without sliding in their dms to lure them away then idk what to tell you. 

 

And I think there is a difference between having a dialog with a single player who is considering a new faction vs sending out pathetic copy paste-a-grams to nearly every M member trying to cast a net and hope for the best. 

Dsla [2807954]

For the record here is a M poach message.

 

“Dear ________

I hope this message finds you well.

 

I’m reaching out because we’re actively recruiting new members, and I believe you would be a strong fit for our faction.

 

Monarch’s Army of Light is a top faction within the Monarch family, and joining us would give you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while learning from the best players in Torn. Our team thrives on strategy, teamwork, and personal growth, and we’re excited to bring in fresh talent.

 

As part of Monarch’s Army of Light, you’ll be part of a community that values consistent activity and participation. While we offer great rewards and support to those who contribute, we are also looking for members who are serious about growing with us. We aren't a free ride faction; we reward effort and dedication but expect commitment in return.

 

If you’re ready to take your gameplay to the next level, we’d love to have you onboard.

 

Looking forward to hearing from you !

 

Best regards,

Loikaz

Talent Acquisition Team, Monarch’s Army of Light”

Abetting [2016807]

Yeah if that was sent as a DM while you were in another faction with zero provocation (you weren't talking about looking for new faction, etc) then it's in the same boat. 

Abetting [2016807]

12:51:11 - 06/12/24 You were sent $100 from someone with the message: I would never recruit a Monarch member as their blood is tainted and not worth the effort

 

 

Woah, we got a tough guy out here. Lock your doors.