Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Upcoming API changes - discussion

Started by splent [2088243] Admin on in API Development.

124 replies · 1.17k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 125 / 125 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
125
Discussion span
→
Authority score
83 / 100
Historical score
61 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey everyone,


Let's have a separate thread to discuss (recent) changes announced in the Upcoming API changes thread.

I know some people did not subscribed to the other thread specifically because of the "noise" discussions there tend to create, so let's put all suggestions/comments/improvements/opinions etc. here. 

The other thread will from now on be locked and used only to announce changes.

Thanks!

Mentions: Upcoming API changes

Allenone [2033011]

Can we add skills to the personal stats page as a new section, snapshotted daily like everything else for others, live update on the page and over API for yourself, and a separate endpoint for live updates with faction API key?

Move "Hunting skill" out of travel, "Racing skill" out of racing, "Revive skill" out of Hospital into the new "Skills" section.

 

:)

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

If I must. :D 

 

I feel like I'm spamming this forum to oblivion with my threads and posts. lol

 

@Allenone
I'll just say: Soon™

Wolverine [1971836]

Hi, with torn api 2.0 I call /torn/logtypes api to get '5937': 'Property rental market rent owner'

 

I would like to use that 5937 logtype with this api call: https://api.torn.com/v2/user?selections=log

 

in crimes 1.0 I added &log=5937 but I don't see "log" text box on swagger under /user api 2.0: maybe a "log" text box should be added on swagger

Wolverine [1971836]

I would like 'faction' -> 'crimeexp' api to be kept in API 2.0 because it's a measure of how much effort a player put in crimes.

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

I think the problem is that it wont be visible from within Torn, and therefore, shouldn't be visible from with API.

 

In OCs 1.0 it is visible when planning OCs but it's different with 2.0

 

TheProNoob [574046]

We'd like it if Crime EXP (the ranks) remained accessible through the API, or make it visible in game too, even after migration to OC2.0, please.

Wolverine [1971836]

also other players battle stats and working stats and nnb are not visible to me but they will be used in OC 2.0: that's not a reason for removing crime experience ranking from torn api 2.0.

 

What harm does keeping it in torn api 2.0? many love to know how their crime xp is ranked in their faction.

TwentyFourSeven [2346600]

 

  • I've added a new experimental field 'is_interrupted' to 'faction' -> 'attacks' in both API v1 & v2. The purpose of this field is to help determine specifically if an "assist" contributed to the chain/war or did not. It covers edge cases such as when A attacks B, but B loses to C. This is still an "assist" for A, but did not help chain during chaining/wars at all

 

Can the experimental changes wait until after Christmas? i may be the only one but a lot of apps i use have now been effected and some of my developers are enjoying their christmas and i dont want to be the guy asking them to get on their computer and fix

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

This really shouldn’t be a breaking change - it’s just a new field added to the API response, which developers can, but don’t have to use.

 

If your faction is using ranked war reports to determine ranked war payouts and is not processing all attacks, then you can definitely ignore this change.

 

Ultimately, it’s up to developers to if and when they want to incorporate this field into their apps, so i think there shouldn’t be any rush to use/implement this!

TwentyFourSeven [2346600]

In my case it's creating errors in the data range, the app script is requesting 20 but now there is 21 columns, I know this is selfish of me because yeah most developers can fix this easily but it's also the exact time of year most wouldn't want to. 

 

Or at least reverting it back for an hour or two so my sheet can run and I can pay my members 🤣

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

It’s just a similar thing as with bazaar listings - once everyone moves to OC’s 2.0 this data just won’t be visible anywhere else.

 

What’s really important for OC’s 2.0 are success chances for every member for all slots/crimes, and this data is available now with the new endpoint (although I agree - it’s not summarised on one place for everyone).

 

I don’t know, I guess we can leave it as it is for now.. 

Allenone [2033011]

once everyone moves to OC’s 2.0

 

That's not going to happen though. It's a choice just like Crimes 2.0. Unless there's an internal end of support date x years out where Ched plans on forcing everyone to OC2.0?, so you guys no longer have to upkeep a legacy system alongside the newest system.