Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Russian roulette

Started by Seldon93 [3256025] on in Bugs & Issues.

11 replies · 187 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Seldon93 [3256025]

Device: samsung SM-G980F Android: 11 App version: 2.1.6

 

Hey I'm experiencing a problem with Russian roulette so its kinda like a lag but it's only agains certain people is what I've noticed so first 2 bullets normally go fine then after that it seems that my shot is fine but opponents Shorts take longer so I let the timer get to 2mins or under then refresh the screen but when I do this it's then my turn and my timer is under the 3mins by like 30 seconds or more. I'm in a discord group and there are more than 1 person experiencing this lag, I will try to screen record next time this happens 

pawl [1821105]

Typically I could only catch it on the last shot, but this is the issue that Seldon refers to. 

 

Sometimes when you shoot the RR game doesn't update. The revolver doesn't change sides, and the buttons stay visible. Your opponent's game also doesn't update - as far as they're aware it's still your shot, and they can see 'your' timer going down. 

 

The game updates on refreshing, but if only one party does this it's possible that they can claim a timeout win with the other player not knowing it's their turn. 

 

This can sometimes happen on the game starting too - the game creator will be looking at an empty game or the lobby, unaware they have an opponent until they refresh or timeout and lose. 

 

I'll try and get a better video, but this will hopefully help show it. The start is sped up for the sake of saving time and the game id is 6590176 

 

Video link

(the scripts don't interfere with the game, and the bug was present before they were used - forgot to turn them off, sorry!) 

Seldon93 [3256025]

So on that one the game finished and opponents gun didn't shoot so as a player I was sat there waiting for my turn then got the message but this is not always the case I don't always get a error message I just have to keep refreshing to know if it's my turn to shoot or I could 1) either win and get mugged not knowing I'd won 

2) time out and not know I've timed out due to long lag in the game 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I will close this for now, you can file a new report if you are able to reproduce this again.

 

Thanks!

Ari_Matti [3698102]

So why didn't you forward this to Yevhen? This still happened last month. You just don't care and close tickets willy-nilly...

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

This is your last warning for posting unrelated stuff in Bugs and Issues, you have had your response in your own bug report. Do not hijack someone else's thread (confirmed or otherwise). Continuing to posting in Bugs and Issue for the sole purpose of bumping old closed tickets that the devs have already addressed will result in official warnings and forum bans if you continue down this path.

Mentions: Timed out on RR and lost but nobody joined