Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Questions

Started by DedeSiregar [2430598] on in General Non-related.

18 replies · 7 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
17 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100

Most-liked replies

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Do you have questions or thoughts u just randomly think about when you are in the shower or just sipping your evening coffee?

 

I go first: Why are we turning to be the exact opposite of us when we want to impress anyone? But at same time, we want to be accepted as who we really are? Don't you think it's contradicting? 

_T_ [1009930]

For most people, if youre putting on "an act" it's usually for financial gain or the influence of someone that could potentially boost your standing or need a favor that's detrimental to something important...  Which hey f**k it,  Sometimes ya got to fake it until you make it. 

 

But for the most part, as we grow older & learn what other people's emotions or intentions truly are & how shitty & selfish fellow man can be.  Well, I would RATHER NOT BE in most people's company, so I can care less about impressing them.  

 

& chances are no matter how hard you try & how polite & courteous you can be. They're still going to find something wrong about you & talk shit regardless.  So basically, f**k them... 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

It is actually more complicated than that. According to Carl Jung which will then supported by Joharibwindows theory, it is actually because they are hidden part of our personality. 

 

I will explain more after NYE. But atm I am busy 

Brockman5000 [1461425]

Because in America the food is garbage and by the time we buy it from the grocery store, it's been all sorts of processed and who knows what else.

 

Also high fructose corn syrup is a silent killer.

Kostaven [3512139]

Third question... Why we only grow most of hair at top of our head? Protect our head from sun? If so then why people at northern hemisphere aren't bald?

Order [1836572]

I'll get a random thought in my head all the time and research it until I am a semi-expert on the subject, people around me say my head is full of random facts.  

 

Last night for example I was looking up the history of the word, 'demure' before that I was deeply studying loaded dice, creating dice (bone/stone), and the history of firetrucks in different countries.    Nothing of which would likely come in useful in real life. 

 

KikiBrann [3541456]

I don't know if it's always about turning into our opposites. Maybe it can be if we have ulterior motives, but most people are complicated.

 

Think of it this way. In a movie or TV show, a character who acts the same around everyone is a poorly written character. There should be slight differences in how they interact with one character as opposed to another. If they're in the same room as both of those other characters, then they should be written in yet a new way.

 

Real people often reflect the same thing. There are aspects of my personality that I share with some friends and not others. My roommates see an altogether different side of me, and my boss sees another side as well. But none of them are really fake or the opposite of my "real" personality. When I'm on my own, I can feel all of those aspects at once, but there are very few people I'd feel comfortable sharing all of them with. And if I know that certain aspects of my memory won't gel with one person--be it a friend, boss, whatever--then neither one of us really gains from me impressing that part of me onto them unnecessarily. So I don't find any version of me to be contradicting, even the parts that may appear so on the surface.

DedeSiregar [2430598]

I saw it clearly with my boyfriend and me during our courtship. Mind you, my boyfriend had never dated anyone seriously before me. Meanwhile, I was just being me, lol.

 

Things between us were very intense. Either we want to f**k each other 10x a day or dumping each other. No in between. I also noticed that we were very different from who we really are.

 

I was acting like a party girl—fun, lively, the life of the party, and cheerful—when, in reality, I am very serious, gloomy, and pragmatic.

 

He was acting like a badass guy when, in reality, he’s a super kind, family-oriented, and gentle person.

 

Now ofc we go back to our natural skin. Me spending most of my time alone in my room and he will go to my room if he sees funny videos. Or hang out with his friends.

 

I asked this question because I was reminded of a friend who said she wanted to act like a jester. When, actually, she is very much like my boyfriend—calm, kind, and grounded. And it’s all because she has a crush on a guy, smh.

 

I saw a video from Carl Jung that explained how, during certain times, we show a part of ourselves that we actually hate or want to hide.

Malgarth [2308239]

I wouldn’t say that absolutely everyone turn into an exact opposite of themselves, unless they are a complete sociopath, but generally I try to smooth out some facets of my personality, in order to better fit in a specific group of people.

 

Some things are acceptable with a close group of friends, while unacceptable when in a place of work. Its acceptable to tell your friend to stop acting like a spoiled bitch, while unacceptable to say to an unruly client.

 

Its a common thing to say, that in different social situations, we show either a different, domesticated version of ourselves, or put on a different mask or personality entirely. That though, is extremely tiresome, and would require a period of time of “recovery”.

A fitting example would be an introvert in parties. I could be the most fun guy in the party, but generally I avoid them entirely. If I do go however, I need a day to recover from the socialising.


People want to be liked, and if we show small snipets of our true personalities and aren’t met with revulsion, we open ourselves further.

 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Next question

Would you rather work with people who have same moral values than you but different drive and logic?

 

Or work with someone with opposite of your moral values but has same drive and logic?

 

The japanese don't prefer to work with other japanese because the chinese and americans have different technology than them. They work with other japanese because they speak the same language.

 

Same like you. But which language you prioritize? Your heart or mind?