Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Best Enfield Special Ammo Cannon Setup

Started by _____ [2101367] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 66 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
29
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

SexxySweety [671797] ×2 -Beesus- [1959482] ×1 Anelia_ [2820593] ×1

_____ [2101367]

What's the best way to setup a RW Enfield as a special ammo cannon?

 

The baseline Rate of Fire: 2-5 shots per turn.

 

Assume I have Education: + 25% ammo management.

 

I could use a recoil pad for 25% ammo conservation.

 

Assuming they stack additively, combining those two would get me to 1-2.5 shots per turn.

 

-------

 

Would the Conserve RW perk be worth it? The wiki says that ranges from 25 - 49%. 

 

If my math is correct, that means to get a guaranteed 1 shot per turn, I'd need a 30% conserve ( +25% ammo management + 25% ammo conservation) to get to 80% reduction.

 

Would love to know what other people are doing here. Using other weapons instead of Enfield? Settling for 2 shots a turn instead of 1? Etc.

 

Anelia_ [2820593]

Ooooo someone who likes conserve memes like i do!

didnt do the math but my yellow conserve Enfield thats only 25% conserve seemed to be 1 ammo a turn when i tested it with recoil pas and the edus Log not enough turns to be scientific but i was pretty happy with it

Wenno [2757277]

In my opinion conserve is only ever worth it as a secondary perk. Recoil pad is basically always used and with math education it makes pretty much all good weapons viable. Enfield just has a much higher price due to better ammo conservation. It'd be nice to have conserve sure, but absolutely not worth taking as an only bonus imo. Even with conserve firing 1 bullet per round there's still going to be times where you have to reload due to someone being in your loader. Just happens less often. It's just a quality of life thing and not a huge deal to me.

 

I've seen this weapon for sale for ages for 35b, which is confirmed 1 bullet per round. Would you pay that price? 

[image: b.cgas.io]

SexxySweety [671797]

Its part of my dex loadout! 

Enfield SA-80 (7% Sure Shot)

Fiveseven (79% Cupid, 152% Quicken)

Samurai Sword (15% Eviscerate, 94% Quicken)

ita [2523178]

Its more about being able to sustain using special ammo 24/7, less frequent reloads is just a nice bonus on top of it

Caedes [2100412]

You don't need conserve if you're even remotely doing missions/working in a psf. 

 

I ran an aug for like a year (far far worse than an Enfield on ammo) and had 0 issues with spec ammo, I was able to sustain PI and INC indefinitely, the only time I ran out was during halloweek which is an exception. I'm pretty good about my missions though, so I guarantee you could do 50% of them and run just fine with a base Enfield + recoil pad. 

 

I'm using an Enfield with recoil pad now and my spec ammo stockpile is just growing and growing, 0 need for conserve.

 

Don't give away damage chasing a stupid figure like 1 round every turn. Kill the person quicker and you won't be spending as much ammo as you would shooting 1 bullet per turn for 25 turns. 

Apatxe [2813453]

I have seen people pay more for less damaging weapons and even weapons that can be debuffed by half with delta set xD (looking at you red eviscerate diamond bladed knife going for 26 billion in auction house lol) but back to the question...

 

The best setup for enfield as special ammo cannon is conserve 30%+ with an additional damaging perk such as penetrate/puncture/deadeye/expose/specialist. The combo is what makes it stand out as you will not only gain damage with the additional perk but also serves as unlimited special ammo rifle. Some might say you lose a damaging mod by going recoil pad but I say... you gain a damaging turn while your opponent is reloading so more than offset the "cost".

 

 P.S.: The price is not even 35B atm... It is higher ;) love the weapon. 

Kenzo [1842067]

Except if you use mission credits for books and weapon attachments... Then there's no room to spend credits on special ammo lol

 

Otherwise, yes, you can probably just do missions to sustain the use of special ammo, granted you don't attack/defend excessively. 

Caedes [2100412]

I've purchased most useful weapon attachments, have a nest egg of 2.5k credits for books and am getting on just fine. 

 

Work in a psf and you don't even need to touch missions you can get it all for free

Kenzo [1842067]

That's what I mean, once you've unlocked the weapon attachments you need/want and books then you can spend excess credits on special ammo.