Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging

Started by Mong [3401450] on in General Discussion.

75 replies · 670 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 76 / 76 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
76
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mong [3401450]

So I'm obviously new and if this has been discussed before please forgive me.

I was wondering what motivates people to mug. Is it purely financial gain or do you get a buzz?

I've mugged a bit myself,  I've tried not to but it's like a compulsion I even sold my plunder sword but every now and again I do it. 

Obviously I've been mugged plenty myself,  good few buy/mugs before I realised how to self hosp.

So really just wondering people's opinions on this.

Cheers

Mong [3401450]

Yes it is but why do some people go mad for mugs and others never mug? Some people will mug anyone some are more calculated.  I was wondering what motivates people.

Overseer [2143302]

Its like anything, youve got those that are really good at it, those that are really bad at it, those that simply dont do it, and those that swear against it.

 

the ones that are really good at it have made tens or hundreds of billions, they may be in it for money or joy but either way they've taken the time to turn it into a science.

 

The ones that are bad at it make millions or even a loss, and usually are only in it for the money and haven't taken the time to learn it.

 

some people don’t do it for business reason such as traders, some just don't find the appeal. 

The ones that swear against it likely believe its a form of cheating, or is unfair, or unethical.

Max2020 [2609161]

Why some mug?

 

Some are good at mugging and make a decent amount of money. 

 

Need the cash especially abroad if they got mugged or flew without enough cash.

 

Like the thrill of the hunt 

 

Some just see an opportunity. 

 

Or all of the above. 

 

Why Some don't mug? 

 

They are not very good at it.

 

Would rather train.

 

Dont want the drama that can come from it.  

 

Or all of the above .

 

Nadbash [2183654]

Torn is a place where we can do shit that we'd never get away with in real life. It's also a place where dickless, impotent shitlords can compensate for their impotent IRL dicklessness by spending way too much money and time, max out their stats and bully new players into deleting their accounts.

Necess [3191404]

I was wondering what motivates people to mug.

 

For myself, I typically mug when I can't use the energy to train.

For example, if my energy would max on a flight if I don't mug.

Or if I was trying to happy jump, and my energy happened to be energy % 250 != 0.

 

It's nothing personal.

Mong [3401450]

16:42:07 - 06/01/25 Someone anonymously mugged you for $0 sending you to the hospital for 0h 37m [view]

Post the whole thing bro

goblinMode [2809005]

People are not using their money the way I want it to be used, so I liberate their money and use it the way the money wants!!!

SanchoProdding [1044045]

to be fair... the drama is quite enjoyable... imagine that you mug 5m and have the salty person bounty you 10x 1m... imagine how salty and bad at math someone needs to be to get mugged and yet waste 3x more doing bounty.

that is some real salt.