I'm wondering what the purpose is of allowing any level players too attack any other level player in the game especially the highest ranked players in the game being able too target basically anyone above noob status level when they don't have protection anymore. I've played many, many MMORPG's in my life and this is the very first game I've ever played that allows this instead of has some kind of attack range that players can target.....for example a 25th level player could attack anyone between the range of +10 levels above and -10 levels below you're own current level (so could attack anyone 15th level up too 35th level and someone else could attack them as a maximum 35th level themselves.) Giving them a chance too defend against other higher level players and taking away the possibility of a top level player of 100th level just constantly attacking players under level 10th or 20th level if they choose too do so (It may not be profitable for them too do that but not even close too every attack made on another player is purely for profit.) I personally have 175 attacks defended and only 2 of those have been successful defends because I don't ever remember being attacked by a player who isn't at least 20 levels above me minimum when the attack isn't stealthed anyway......I realize players can hold their levels and appear too look like they are many, many levels below what level they really are and it seems too me there is no limit too how many levels can be held since I've seen players level 15 with the life of that 15th level but other stats/weapons/merits/medals that a level 100 player would have. Another thing I've never come across in a MMORPG previously either and seems too be confusing why holding of levels like this is an option anyway....I only see players do it too get the defend against attacks merits by placing bounties on themselves and then sitting back and waiting for unaware players too attack them thinking they are 15th level or whatever.
Attacking Question
Started by Antagonisto [3435840] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 19
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Turt [2472641]
· 6 likes ·
Paragraphs are your friend :] - Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 1 likes ·
!Moved to QnA Attacks don't really mean much for the most part. There's no permanent damage. In most cases me attacking a level 6 newbie will just be a waste of my energy. I won't even get much respect. The …
This level feature would make both wars and chaining very difficult. While you're a scrub you kinda just have to suck it up when playing Torn lol
Paragraphs are your friend :]
Also, a Runescape-esque PVP system wouldn't make sense in Torn. At it's core, it's a crime game. Anything goes.
Interesting thoughts, and if I may elaborate on this further - all these problematic issues could be lessened or even eradicated by gittin’ gud.
I can walk up and punch the King of England if I want. Or the Rock. Or a baby.
I shouldn't, but I could.
T0 hard to read
!Moved to QnA
Attacks don't really mean much for the most part. There's no permanent damage. In most cases me attacking a level 6 newbie will just be a waste of my energy. I won't even get much respect. The energy cost itself would protect lower stat players
Bounties are probably a bigger issue because anyone can place them without any cost to their energy, and it's tilted in the favor of bigger / richer players. They can place more bounties, and you need high amounts to keep a high level player in hosp. Still, lots of ways to make bounties ineffective as well. Joining a psf, or s cache farm to quickly run through the bounties while earning money, using med cd efficiently etc
Level holding is a very niche and restrictive playstyle. You have less health and have much more difficult fights all to get defends. It is satisfying for some. I guess that's fine, never really appealed to me.
The reason why? You played mmorpg, right? Lvl 100 attack lvl 5 monster only give you 1 exp. That's apply the same here except the lvl 5 monster is player.
( ╹▽╹ )
So, would you spam kill lvl 5 monsters who lvl 95 monsters that give you much higher exp?
If someone stronger than you do attacked or mugged you, well....you can whine in GD. ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Just because this game is different than the games you played before, doesn't means this game need to have same standard as the other games.
Or you get stronger and kick their asses later :)