How can something start so high in price, crater, then have a dead cat bounce and continue to crater. I’ve read stuff that Ched posted about an acceptable price. Apparently it’s not 1 mil or 20k. Just trying to figure out how low they will go.
Zip Ties price
Started by Mikelj1 [3475146] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Authority score
- 36 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
They will go lower until people decide to buy them
Then they will go no higher than that either
Nobody knows until it happens
EDIT: I've not been paying attention to zip ties and Crimes 2/OCs2 updates, but I'd hazard that they'll drop pointlessly low until we know where they're likely to be most reliably sourced from. Ched will probably switch things up if they go too high in value again.
They soared because they were needed and not many were being added by crimes.
Because they were made available to buy in Mexico for $10 or so, they crashed.
Then when the price crashed and people complained about them being available outside of crimes they were removed.
People instantly started to hoard and sell them at extreme prices.
They were added back to Mexico again to lower the price.
Ched confirmed that for specific OC 2.0 items such as these, they never intended for them to cost as much as people were trying to charge.
Nobody knows what "intended price" any of the OC consumables was, apart from Ched and whoever helped design the expected profit per day per person payout rates for the OCs.
Has Ched ever have a history of being concern with the price of certain commodities.?
I remember he needed to increase the circulation of Card skimmer due to a change in Crime 2.0 Release schedule and thus dump a few million of card skimmers using NPC and later from overseas. I don't think he is concern with price , and just kept selling the skimmers. I remember buying from the NPC and later found out I am stuck holding thousands of card skimmers.
Then I heard there is also an episode of Blank CD, albeit not quite sure what exactly happened.
What I find odd , is that Ched is very concern with the price of this commodity and want to find a balance to it. I can understand he needs to manage the Torn economy, but these commodities isn't going to break the game like the way points economy has suddenly change with little to no notice.
Ched increase the Circulation to 32k from 7k, (didn't announce it).. pull it out from Mexico.(Announcement posted) .. A week later, he put it back in and left it as it is till today.
The events coincide with his reason that he doesn't like the commodity price being too high, and wants a balance.
It is always my perception that after all the money sinks implemented in game to control Torn economy. OC 2.0 is meant as a balancer acting as a money faucet and reinvigorate the economy with more spending power, more trading and more money changing hands.
Trying to micro manage an OC 2.0 commodity is odd indeed.
I remember during island war, Smoke grenades quantities in Africa were increased only after many many complaints.
Although I was on the losing side in the island war, I don't think it is fair to increase the smoke grenade in the middle of a war. It wasn't so much of the price but the scarcity of it , that Ched deems it a valid request put both side on equal footing in a proper platform wide war.
Unlike other "non-junk" items, these only have a use as part of OCs 2.0, and there was a planned progression of income as you scale the higher OCs - having specific OCs suddenly having massively lower payouts due to consumable cost messes up that intended progression, so I can definitely see why these items are being kept an eye on.
As more OCs are released each month, with different item requirements for each tier, ongoing tweaks are likely to be made.
During this beta phase it became apparent that there was already going to be a shortage of certain items, so they needed to be addressed.
At the moment, only 3 days away from OCs 2.0 being made available to everyone, the circulation of them needed to be pumped up.
Dog treats, for example, are a consumable used in a very low tier crime (yes there is an alternative one which requires two jemmys instead which do not get consumed)
After the initial rush I suspect that the additional sources will be adjusted or removed to see what their actual equilibrium cost works out to be, probably with them added to more crime drop tables to keep the circulation steady.
Currently the biggest issue will be the number of core drills and shaped charges required for the number of factions which will need them which can only be produced by mining company specials. There may be an alternative T7 landing within the next two months to reduce the impact on those, but this is where almost all of the current PA team "non lead" members will initially end up due to the big jump in difficulty between 7 and 8.
Mexico needs another item you can make a quick flip on.
The same way that Canada has aluminum plate.
Mayan statues sell too slowly, Viva los Zip Ties.