Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cracking loses XP?

Started by Eversor_ [3483004] on in Questions & Answers.

2 replies · 98 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100

Most-liked replies

Eversor_ [3483004]

Sorry. I'm really new, when I'm cracking I have almost been to level 5 and then I'll fail a missing after I got the password already and I'll see my XP has gone down to level 1. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong or what I have missed. Help please 

flare [2195157] Officer Officer

When you critically fail, the crime isnt resetting but instead taking away a portion of your crime skill that is a lot greater than the value of one success. Since at lower crime skills its easier to gain levels it is also easy to lose them. Youll notice at higher skill levels that only a portion of the skill is actually taken away.

 

Some additional info is that If you are consistently failing a crime you are most likely doing a crime that's too hard for you. Players have a hidden stat called crime experience that along with crime skill determines how successful you will be in a specific crime. Cracking specifically is meant for more advanced players so you may notice your critically failing a lot. The recommended order to do crimes in is left to right top to bottom bringing each one to crime skill 100. This will allow you to build up the crime experience needed for harder and harder crimes (as the futher down the list you get the more difficult they are)