Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging

Started by Ronin_ [3608403] on in Questions & Answers.

2 replies · 52 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Ronin_ [3608403]

Noob question. If I get mugged and have for example $1M on hand, what is the range that the mugger can expect? And, is there a cooling off after the event? When I am afk and get hit several times there is a large amount that gets taken and then progressively smaller amounts. Not sure if that is just because the amount I have is less or what.

e7cf09 [3441977]

Copied from wiki:

 

The base percentage you are able to steal from a player is 5%. This value is then modified with a multi-dice-roll RNG up to 10%, however lower percentages closer to 5% are favoured and values close to 10% would be extremely rare.

This percentage can be increased further using merits to upgrade Masterful Looting. Masterful Looting modifies the base percentage itself by up to 50%, meaning your mug percentage would now fall between 7.5 - 15%.

 

There's also plunder, which increases amount of money mugged by 20% - 49%, so the maximum percentage mugged can be as big as 22.5%.

 

To answer your question, the range would be 50k to 225k, and yes, there is a cooldown period.

 

Additionally, I advise you to use a million dollars to buy a stock ticker and store your money there. Muggers can't mug stock money.

Ronin_ [3608403]

Thanks for the reference! I always dump my money in the stock market so I rarely lose much. Mainly it happens when I travel and have to bring funds and am afk if I didn't set a timer or whatever.