Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cant fly

Started by Steppenwulf [2960257] on in Bugs & Issues.

14 replies · 147 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Steppenwulf [2960257]

This problem began today.  I haven't tested with other destinations.  I checked to make sure upkeep and employees on PI were correct...

 

Refresh didn't fix it, close browser and re-open didn't fix it.  Disabling TornTools didn't fix it.

CrymeLord [2764328] Admin Staff

That should only appear when your connection is actually down. Could even occur when it's down very briefly.

 

Are you getting this every time? Could you check on a different device and/or on a metered connection? Meanwhile I'll investigate, but your answers could be helpful!

Steppenwulf [2960257]

Oh, also, this is occurring only on the final step before flying.  So I go past the "travel" button and when I press "Continue" that's when it occurs.

 

Steppenwulf [2960257]

Tried in Firefox rather than Brave Browser... it worked... maybe I just need to clear cache... I'll try that ... eventually... lols since I really only rarely travel to SA.

Poke [3363024]

I am also seeing this on Firefox (Windows). My internet connection is stable and I'm able to browse the internet / various pages in Torn.

 

There doesn't appear to be any console or page load issues in the developer console.

 

[edit: I was able to use my phone to fly]

SpringLinnen [3075309]

Hello,

 

For reference.  I use Brave as well and it works.  The only thing that looked weird is that it didn't show the destinations on the bottom of the map, but I think that is a Torn Tools problem.  

Steppenwulf [2960257]

Update:  Now that I flew using firefox, the "in flight" screen is not displaying properly in Brave (my primary and preferred browser).

Poke [3363024]

Are you using AquaTools? I just noticed that this happens to me when I have it enabled (it didn't happen earlier). Disabling it makes it work again.

Steppenwulf [2960257]

in flight display now functioning normally again.  The problem had been persistent with refreshing, but my latest refresh produced the normal result.

CrymeLord [2764328] Admin Staff

Can confirm that having AquaTools installed causes the message "Please check your network connection" to appear. No request to the Torn server is made at all, so something in the script is blocking that for some reason.

 

Thnx meltykiss for steering me in the direction of AquaTools. 

 

I guess until AquaTools fixes it, you can fly by:

 

  1. Disabling AquaTools.
  2. Reloading Travel Agency
  3. Flying
  4. Optionally re-enabling AquaTools