Am I the only one that gets annoyed when people use the word "bet" to mean anything other than gambling? Or am I just getting old?
Bet
Started by Big_Pussy [3542082] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 17 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 41 / 100
Im with you.. is it short for "you bet" as in confirmation?
In Urban Dictionary slang, "bet" means "agreed," "okay," or "you can count on it". It's a casual way to express agreement or affirmation, often used in responses to suggestions or requests.
smh
Bet 'cha can't eat just 1,..
I say it to my kids to annoy them.