Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Flight Delay Question

Started by Bloody_Bill [2901007] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 293 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
Bloody_Bill [2901007]

I have a RW enemy that is in a country currently. Can I use the DA Flight Delay perk to keep her there for a while or does it only work to keep them in Torn?

Shooby [2510470]

flight delay only be used twice per flight (once there, once back).

It has to be used while they're flying,  if they've already landed there, no it will not work. It increases their flight time,  it doesn't keep them anywhere.

 

If you want to keep them there, I'd suggest placing a couple bounties on them, but make them worth claiming. Sure someone might claim a couple 100k bounties but not as fast and enticing as 400k+. Also keep in mind, they might get freevived abroad so if you only place one, or they get multiple revives, there's a chance it does nothing. 

Bloody_Bill [2901007]

Thanks Beal and Shooby, that makes more sense. I appreciate the clarification! Would be cool to be able to hold them at a place, but that might be a recipe for abuse. 

Shooby [2510470]

after a certain amount of outside hits yeah, but not immediately.  If they can't find a reviver they're not going to be able to get ED abroad. Unless they changed something. 

Lantian [3029152]

I thought the new RW system provides ED for outside hits automatically.

 

Is that different abroad?

 

I never got hit abroad since the new system, so genuinely unsure.

Shooby [2510470]

well if that's the case then I'm not sure. I don't war at all, so I don't keep up new updates.

 If you get ED immediately when in a war, that's an insanely broken gameplay mechanic especially paired with the 60 second outside hit protection lol.

 

Either way, point still stands for the OPs question about delays; was just trying to provide an alternative suggestion. 

Shooby [2510470]

must've been an update I missed, I don't really follow war changes since I don't war, was under the impression it still required a certain amount of outside hits to become available. 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Just sit there and farm them... Watch their hospital timer 🤷‍♀️

 

Edit: And watch out for big stat enemies flying to farm you for that overseas respect multiplier 💀

yoyoYossarian [2897328]

If they’re still there:

1. Send someone who can easily farm them to that country on BCT. Tell them to hit and leave the person repeatedly. Stack enough e for as many hits as they’ll be able to do in, worst case, bct time plus 90 minutes. 
2. watch the other faction for chasers. If someone chases, you have two options: 1. Flight delay the chaser, buying yourself another 90 minutes of abroad farming (expensive) or 2. Farm until the chaser is just about to arrive (use the wiki for estimates) and fly out when they get there

Bloody_Bill [2901007]

That happened to me! Was in Switzerland and one of the heavies came and hosped me there. I was stuck in the hospital for 4+ hours because I couldn't find a reviver and no ED since it was a RW hit.

Bloody_Bill [2901007]

The issue I had was that I was in the hospital and couldn't get out in time, my hope was to keep them in the country until I could get out and start farming them. They left before I could get out or figure out if Flight Delay worked the way I wanted it to.