Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn: The TCG

Started by Stanimal [3596724] on in Suggestions.

7 replies · 33 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100

Most-liked replies

Stanimal [3596724]

The consistent hype around TCG's like Pokemon on MTG can't be understated, but spending real money on packs has done some hurt to mine and I'm sure many others wallets. I believe Torn already has the established and active item market to support something like that within the game. Picture this: a supply pack item, a booster pack for Torn: TCG (a more fun name or totally different IP may be better). Within the booster pack, you'll get anywhere from 1-5 cards, and the players will decide what they're worth in the item market (though rarity will be determined by an explicitly stated rarity system).

 

Down the road, it could evolve into an actually playable TCG, with money to be won a la the casino, or even something as big as tournaments! New expansion packs can release once or twice a year with updates, and a resurgence in activity will be seen, reducing the price of the old packs and drastically increasing the price of the new.

 

Thoughts?

JackKelly [2271177]

Do you really see trading cards being a part of Torn?  Just play the game how it is, then go play your trading card game. f**ks sake.

Stanimal [3596724]

Hey so much like anything else in Torn, you wouldn't be required to engage with it at all. Just something I thought would be fun as a lower barrier of entry collectible than the ones currently in the game. Thanks for your feedback though

Elizabeth [2339829]

Only you and a small handful of other people I'm confident have watched my descent here. I tried so hard for so long to give new players the benefit of the doubt, and every now and again, there'd be a genuinely novel idea that, from the limited perspective of a new player, I can genuinely see why someone would want it and suggest it. I can understand the argument for crafting, even though I fully disagree with it. I let the coffee suggestion fly (and not just because I love coffee). I fully respect new players wanting more/faster ways of gaining energy, even though I'm almost entirely against it. There were so many times I gave new players the benefit of the doubt.

 

Not anymore. A Torn based TCG? Absolutely not. It's not a novel idea, it adds nothing to the game, and much like gambling while flying, you can just as easily satisfy that itch elsewhere. At absolute best, the only "value" this would add to Torn is to give Torn another way of monetization, which it doesn't seem to need (I could be wrong on that, but it seems like Torn is a very self-sustainable site).

 

I'm done. I'm finally throwing in the towel. Put an age requirement on making Suggestion posts. Let new players view, respond, and vote all they want, but not post.

MrDeadNote [2376679]

Leslie uses moldy pizza on Duke

 

Duke takes critical damage from the pineapple bits of the pizza

 

Krampus lets out a sigh of disappointment

 

Chedburn laughs while eating popcorn