Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TornCon London?

Started by Muthannnaa [2150016] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 573 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

flooze [2671489] ×1 Javapenguin [2829560] ×1

Muthannnaa [2150016]

Yesterday, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting two of my faction friends Javapenguin and Flooze who have been in our faction for 900 days and 843 days. 

 

Java and Flooze were passing through London, visiting from the states. It was a surreal experience and it was totally worth it! I was just sorry I couldn't have spent longer with them!

 

It made me really think about how Torn has bought people from all walks of life, backgrounds, cultures and beliefs to work collectively for communal goals. In today's day and age, i think we are in need of alot more of that mutual respect and openness than ever before. 

 

I'm still buzzing from the experience and it made me consider trying to plan a torn convention or at least a small torn get together, perhaps working up to a torn convention for those that might be interested in the UK or willing to travel here to London.

 

Id love to gather some feedback about other people that have attended a TornCon, how it went, get some advice, and some poll stats about those that might be interested to attend if there is enough interest and desire from the community. 

 

Mentions: flooze [2671489] · Javapenguin [2829560]

Javapenguin [2829560]

Honestly crazy to think back 3 years ago when flooze showed me this game and said "yeah it has a casino" and I said mmmmm alright. And if you asked me when dilz invited my baby 5 day old ass if I'd be meeting our co-lead 6000 miles away years later I'd have said you're as crazy as chedburn

Still though huge shoutout to Muthannna for the amazing time. World's best London host. 

Even as we pack our bags to move on to the next destination we're still in shock from what a great person he was. 

 

Thank you so much muth, if anyone would absolutely host the shit out of a London con, it would be you. XOXO

Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer

I'm still buzzing from the experience and it made me consider trying to plan a torn convention or at least a small torn get together, perhaps working up to a torn convention for those that might be interested in the UK or willing to travel here to London.

 

Cheb has done Torncon UK for the past 3 years or so I think, maybe you can talk to them

Evaline [2103253] Reporter

Echoing this! Cheb’s event is growing quite nicely. It might be worth helping to expand that event rather than compete with it. We have several players that organize events throughout torncon us. I think that’s what helps us appeal to such a large crowd of people at this point. Good luck!

Fordeaux [2199085]

In fairness, in the Torn UK one everytime London gets mentioned you will end up with 12 angry northerners complaining about the price of a pint.

Beerstein [1322136]

London is always fun, REALLY social people (probably a hot take since for some reason every country takes some twisted pride in not being social, but they are). Highly recommend it and devs are close so maybe you'd see Bogie and Ched if one were there.

irdeadtoy [3205343]

I started my last post with it's £6 a pint at least, and just swapped for calling London names, so no not wrong. Bunch of gentrified hipsters, the lot of them.