Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat notifications?

Started by DeathRun [3032570] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
DeathRun [3032570]

Is there a way to turn on chat notifications on a PC?

I have them turned on on my phone, and they work as expected (only for private chats), but for some reason, I can't do the same on my laptop. TornTools notifications for "messages" work only for mail, and General Chat settings (Room Sound and Private Sound) do nothing (both for Chat 2.0 and 3.0).

Am I missing something?

Lantian [3029152]

Hello,

 

You need to adjust every chat to "Flash & Sound":

This is on top of the chat when you click on the arrow to expand the options on the chat.

 

You also have to set a "Sound" in the options:

If these are all set, then double check if you laptop sound settings are properly set for your browser too.

 

Can't think of anything else just now.

 

 

 

DeathRun [3032570]

Oooh, thanks! I never changed my default settings for each chat (left them as "Just flash"), as I didn't even try to press it (I thought it would just remove flashing and completely mute the chat). Now, this should be working.