.
Delete
Started by RenatoTuretta [3639927] on in Graveyard.
About this thread
Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 34
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 41 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 58 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- JustJanet [911066]
· 9 likes ·
When you say you were waiting hours… just how long would hours be? Also, did you ask anyone to set it off? Did you say anything about wanting to leave? All of that makes a lot of difference to my … - rabbit [1995921]
· 6 likes ·
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about _TB. u wouldnt say this shit to him at torncorn, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the … - QueenOfNothing [2746730]
· 2 likes ·
has posting these types of complaints in forums ever worked out for literally anyone?
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about _TB. u wouldnt say this shit to him at torncorn, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol
Imagine justifying the dumbest behavior with “he’s jacked” and “eats at chill restaurants” that makes y’all sound like a bunch of clowns
No funny memes, no screenshots or font changes, a wall of text.
Nah I can't be bothered to read this.
When you say you were waiting hours… just how long would hours be? Also, did you ask anyone to set it off? Did you say anything about wanting to leave? All of that makes a lot of difference to my level of empathy I feel.
It’s frustrating to faction leaders to see the absolute waste of time and effort given to a piece of shit faction mate who can’t even give them the courtesy of letting them know when they decide to abandon the faction. The time trying to help you get settled in the faction. The time acclimating you to the values, expectations, and customs of the faction. I know sometimes it might not feel like much time, but it is time we’d all rather have spent on someone who ended up being decent enough to give the courtesy of a gracious goodbye saying you are moving on prefaces both the cancellation of a crime and the actual abandonment.
There’s a peaceful way to leave and there a shitty way to leave. What you described seems more shitty than peaceful to me.
Would I then waste time and energy beating you up? Hell no! You are a waste of time! You proved that already. My time, energy and resources are worth so much more than you are. Too bad your old leader’s time seems to be so cheap.
To hard to read ....
The only thing I actually regret is not knowing more about how OCs work, i’m new to Torn.
Most of the time i was the one sitting there ready, waiting to start it. I had no idea what kind of advantage I or the faction would get out of it, and all I was told was “if it goes well, good otherwise, whatever.” What am I supposed to think from that?
That said, even if my way of leaving wasn’t perfect, 30+ bounties over this? Come on. I’m not even mad it’s just sad. I genuinely don’t care that much, it’s just disappointing that this is how some people choose to act.
Let me get this straight. Level 18, 7 total Xanax taken in 38 days.
And you expected the entire rest of the faction to cater to you and your needs?
You’re the one who wants to leave.
You’re the one who wants the OC to trigger.
But rather than communicate and bring it up with your teammates, who are kind enough to let your low CE ass onto their team, you blow the OC and negate a couple days of effort on the part of everyone else. You can’t be arsed to waste two seconds checking in, so their days of committed time is forfeit.
The sad fact of the matter is those couple days of time from each of your teammates were worth far more than your whole account or the total contribution you’ve made to your team, so now you owe. You can’t pay in money, so they’ll take it out how they can.
You’re all about communicating now, when it’s too late. Had you put half this effort in up front there’d be no issue.
I would be shocked if DP warriors, after learning what you’ve posted here of your own free will, are interested in retaining you.
Reason number 637 to switch to OC 2.0
Hard to say because you claim no communication but does that mean none from you also? There are plenty of bad leaders with a big checkbook same as real life.
Not to sound like an asshole but anyone who feels the need to capitalize their entire name or whatever is just weird anyway so don't understand the attraction.
As you said, 38 days. And you really think that’s enough time for someone to know how everything works in Torn?
When I asked about the OC, I got told “if it goes well, good otherwise whatever.” So yeah, I didn’t bother diving into some deep research. The message I got was: it’s not that relevant.
As for this post I’m literally just expressing how things looked from my side. I’m 38 days in, not 9000. I’m learning as I go. There’s no world where someone with years of experience should be going this hard at someone with barely over a month on the game. That’s not tough it’s just sad.
No, to be honest I didn’t say anything, but only because I thought it was whatever like, not a big deal based on how it was talked about.
what kind of OC was it anyway? If it was a PA (which it clearly wouldn't be at your age but js) people would have reason to be pissed, while a blackmail isn't worth anyone's time. Also, did you try to communicate or when you said no comms did you mean from you too? Was any relevant party even online during that span to have a chance to reply to you if you did message? There are so many important unanswered questions here, though I will say a few hours isn't often a huge detail for low-level OCs, most of the times flying is prioritized at that level as it's a better ROI for members.
Think you might just be in a awkward situation of not knowing better because not informed properly. I think some of the reactions by others in here is a bit over the top.
As a leader the only thing I really care about is knowing the reason you'd like to leave and seeing if it's something I can improve on down the road.
When people leave for no reason suddenly it can feel personal. Canceling the OC probably doubled down on that feeling.
Don't know TB or that Faction at all but looks like it's a pretty casual faction overall.
Some observations, mostly because I am procrastinating and don’t want to get back to work:
- I kept waiting… nothing. No coordination, no communication, just silence.
What kept you from asking about the OC?
- What do I get in return? Passive-aggressive nonsense. It quickly became clear that this guy doesn’t want a conversation, he wants drama.
Would you characterize your actions, including your need to race to the forum and post this narrative, as drama-free?
- Not long after, surprise surprise: I start getting spam killed, sent to the hospital repeatedly, and now I’ve got bounties being put on me constantly.
So you decided to keep the fun going and engage all of Torn thinking…..they won’t bounty you?
- If you’re this offended because someone left your faction, you’re not a leader, you’re just a bitter old troll who needs to touch grass.
(1) There are all kinds of reasons for why people bounty, without being ”offended.” Those who are offended easily don’t last long in Torn.
(2) However, as a GenXer myself, if some GenZ pipsqueak calls me a “bitter old troll,” I will end you.
(3) The overused, misused admonition to “touch grass” confirms said pipsqueakiness.
- Probably some angry, frustrated dude with a belly full of Doritos and a keyboard full of tears.
I know you worked on that a long time. A for effort.
- I just hope someone reading this will think twice before joining your stinky, drama-filled faction.
I’ll end with this sage advice from your elder: anyone who repeatedly complains about drama is its source.
I am the OC overlord for my faction and I get upset when people touch them just because it takes my time to organize the teams properly to make sure everyone is getting the best CE possible. That being said, I give everyone the option to start the OCs and just ask that they message me saying so this way I can make sure it’s still the best fit.
As a faction leader - I also get upset when someone leaves the faction without letting me know. If we have problems then sure I get it, but common courtesy says when you leave somewhere you say bye. If you had a bad experience just say it so I know what I did wrong and maybe I can keep you to help me fix it in the future. If you’re leaving for a higher respect faction or one that wars more/less I absolutely would get that too. Torn is a very social game so just try not to burn bridges when you can!
Overall - take the experience and apply lessons learned from it. Dont let a bad experience in the first 30 days effect your next 300. Figure out how you want to play the game and find somewhere that matches it and you’ll be all right even if it takes a few tries.
If you didn’t try to communicate to leadership about the OC and it was upsetting you, please take the forum post down. If you did try and he slammed you, please include screenshots. The community takes the side of whoever has most proof haha
has posting these types of complaints in forums ever worked out for literally anyone?