Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dear Diary. My torn journey so far...

Started by Oskados [3521583] on in Roleplay.

15 replies · 286 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
33
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
31 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Oskados [3521583]

Torn City.
What a place.
A neon-lit war zone filled with crooks, junkies, kleptomaniacs, and caffeine-fueled psychos itching to throw hands over a Xanax listing. Everyone’s armed to the teeth and half of them think they’re Tony Montana. The other half? They’re probably in jail—or worse, in politics.

My first trip to the hospital was, oddly enough, kind of heartwarming. Some random saint revived me. I was too blitzed on morphine to catch their name, but it hit me like a steel pipe to the dome: damn, maybe not everyone here is a psychopath. Sure, they probably had a Benelli M4 tucked in their coat, but the revive? That was genuine. I was touched—figuratively, not by a taser this time.

That one act of kindness lit a fire under me. I wasn’t gonna be just another pharmacy shoplifter with a shaky crime history and a taste for Xanax. No sir. I had a new dream:
Become a reviver.
A true hero of the streets. A white knight in a black market.

I clicked into the medical field with a heart full of purpose.
Then the game hit me with reality like a mugger in a dark alley:
"You need higher working stats."

Oh. Right. I guess you can't just waltz into brain surgery with zero experience and a criminal record longer than a CVS receipt.

Okay, plan B: Build up my working stats.
So I got a job at the casino, thinking, “Heck yeah, easy money while I grind. Plus free tokens? This is the life.”
Wrong.

Days went by. Then weeks. I forgot Torn City existed for a hot minute. When I finally came back, my age had gone up... and absolutely nothing else had. No crime gains. No gym progress. Just a mountain of casino tokens and a healthy dose of regret.

Naturally, I blew all my tokens trying to turn my broke status into baller status. Didn’t work. Instead, I learned one valuable lesson:
The casino job sucks. 
although I did discover the glorious, unhinged world of Russian Roulette.

Oh, baby.

You throw some cash in, hope you don’t shoot a hole in your toe and double your money if Lady Luck smiles at you. Worst case? Hospital trip. No biggie. I already had a frequent flyer card there. It was thrilling, dumb, and extremely on-brand.

Then suddenly in my event log, i get a notification, i had unlocked the "foot soldier" honor, which came with a pretty merit also.
This was great and all, i could double my money is seconds but I did not want to spend my torn life gambling on russian roulette with bullets to the feet.
So my casino wasn't cutting it, russian roulette was hurting, I need a new job;
I joined the army, realised it would take me years to get the experience needed to become a general, so quickly left that job also.
So now i was dedicated in finding a way to breeze through my education, theres no sticking a gun in the university proffessors face saying, hey give me the credetials, I think education is the only legitimate thing in torn....no shortcuts, or is there? The forums said to become a principal for the cheat sheet and gain a 10% course study reduction. Sweet, I applied for the teachers role, Whooo i got the job! I'll be blazing my way through education in no time....I was wrong!  

Job stats to become principal; 1500 manual labor ,5000 intelligence  and 1500 endurance.....my stats were nowhere near that.
This is when it hit me,
torn is a marathan, not a race, so let the marathon begin! 
I found a spouse, wonderful, some random user will agree to marry me because theres also a pretty merit within that, I was fine with that, we could share a property and talk online like long lost brothers, no worries....He even started a fitness centre and employed me as a cleaner, my first ever company job! - It was sweet, 1 job point for half hour education reduction, this is what ive been looking for, a slight fast track my education, screw these city jobs!  

I was so happy living my nice civilian life in torn like this, im a cleaner at my spouses fitness company, we're renting a castle, I havent had to take the chance of shooting myself in the foot for a while, the torn life was great. 

Soon after, job point after job point spent and me being so overjoyed about seeing my education classes time decrease by half an hour each click, I thought I had Torn City in the palm of my hand, my spouse informed me I'd get trains to boost my working stats, I tried to stay away from xanax so my addiction didn't affect my job performance and I was keen to see the company go from 2 stars all the way to 10! LIFE IS GOOD, it may be a marathon but things are looking up, im a happy little civillian in torn right now.
THEN, i logged in one day, viewed my profile, under the job title it read: none!
Turns out, my spouse—my business partner, castle co-tenant, fellow crime marathoner—got fedded.
Ninety days in federal jail. Multiple accounts.
Gone.


Just like that, I was jobless. Alone. Paying castle upkeep solo while everyone else was out there dreaming of private islands with their loyal, rule-abiding spouses.
I’d married a cheater. A smooth-talking, multi-accounting felon.

And now? I’m back at square one.
Working stats in the dirt.
No job.
Just a pocket full of unfortunate events.

I've come to accept that  this is the life of a torn civilian, struggles, trials and tribulations. I even spent hours racing around the city to build my car up to the beast it was, only to one day crash and struggle to ever finish first place in a race again in my now, de-modified lemon! 

So here I am—still broke, still bruised, rolling through Torn in a busted lemon with dreams bigger than my working stats. The streets are cold, the forums are wild, and my education bar crawls like a snail on sedatives. But I’m not giving up.

Because in Torn City, you don’t need to be the richest, the strongest, or even the smartest.
You just need to keep showing up.
And maybe—just maybe—not marry a fed next time.

See you in the hospital.

YAHTZE!




  


DedeSiregar [2430598]

You know in cognitive function world, this is how Ne people write. Just wide spread of lotsa things but no depth. A nice story telling, but no meaning. 

Oskados [3521583]

Well considering its a diary entry...sue me.
The meaning is to keep showing up, its my journey in torn so far, and because its a marathon, it aint over! thanks for reading if you did though lol 

Nadbash [2183654]

insert lazy I didn't read this meme because I am a worthless, lazy piece of shit with no balls, shit for brains and a big thorny stick up my ass.

silverdax [3699801]

I'm a big fan of this! I know other people are giving you crap, but it's a solidly written diary entry. Especially loving how you captured the noir vibes with your metaphors.

Oskados [3521583]

Its torn, there's haters on every corner lol, but thank you, i appreciate you reading it and I'm glad you enjoyed it....there will be a part two soon XD