Im not sure if this is a bug or not but it has to do with my account and I'd rather report it then get the boot. I got a book of smugglers with my last subscription pack. I used it. It boosted how many items I can carry when I fly. I'm not sure how long the effects last since I wasn't able to find much online about that books effects. I thought it would go away after I finished reading it but it didn't. When i looked in my inventory the book was still there so i assumed i got to keep the perk. Sweet gig right? I didn't think anything of it until I got my new book subscription this morning and I noticed that book is gone now and when I flew to caymans last I was still able to carry 19 items. I do have a large suite case but that's still high for items I think. I wanted to find out what the deal is before I use my next book.
Book of smugglers
Started by s_l_b_101 [1269196] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 3
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 54 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 33 / 100
This question is likely better suited for Questions and Answers, rather than Bugs and Issues where you've posted it.
Read everything there is to know about Books on the wiki HERE
To address your questions directly:
- The effects last 31 days from when you begin reading. You can view how long the effect has left by tapping (mobile) or mousing over (desktop) the book icon in your icons area, See screenshot below.
- You can read only one book at a time. Once it's read, you cannot read it again.
- The book remains in your inventory permanently, unless you move it to your display case. It appears that is exactly what you have done in this case, as I see the book there.
- Even if you move your book to your display, the effects persist for the 31 day duration.
Please also note that as a subscriber, you are not guaranteed to receive a book every month.
Thanks!
You finished reading the book almost a month ago:
You can check your personal perks for how much carrying capacity you have:
Based on what I am seeing, you are able to carry 5 default + 10 from Airstrip + 4 items from Large Suitcase. So you can bring back a total of 19 items, without the book perk (which would have boosted you to 29 items when the effect were active). The faction can give an additional +10 travel item perk, if they have the correct upgrades. So a normal player in a correct faction is able to bring back 29 items without the book perk, 39 with the book perk.
Thanks!