Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attacking Timer Issue

Started by LordMizak [2672115] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 17 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
LordMizak [2672115]

When an opponent is in the hospital, and I'm watching their countdown timer.. Once it hits 0 seconds, and then the gun icon lights up to attack them again, I tap it.

 

The screen then switches over to the attack screen, but another timer begins to start counting down for an additional minute. Sometimes it says Join (if they're beinf attacked by someone else) or Start (if not), but the button to press to initiate the attack is blacked out, and a new timer is counting down from 1 minute.

 

This doesn't seem to be happening to others though, as I've lost out on several hitlist targets, and am unable to hit targets during wars. Have I missed something that's causing this, or is this a bug? 

BypXByp [3243346]

Because the person you're trying to hit is in a ranked war, but not against you, so there's a 1 minute cooldown to prevent mercs.

 

(I think that's right)

LordMizak [2672115]

Two issues with that.. 

 

It hasnt happened before, until just this past week. Sniping attacks as a merc away from RW opponents has always been a thing, without an additional timer being involved. 

 

And.. it isnt just RW participants (that I noticed anyway).

 

If that IS the case.. this is a new thing? I looked back at Chedburn's update announcements prior to posting this report, but didn't see anything. IS it a new thing that's been added/incorporated into Torn?