Hi everyone!
Yesterday marked my first year in Torn so I wanted to share and highlight some accomplishments / milestones that I've not only achieved but also fallen short of. I'm not quite sure what happened my first month but I thought Xanax was bad, didn't understand addiction, somehow misunderstood rehab, it was a mess... whoops! This is relevant to a goal later though so a little back story is needed.
First I set out to maximize the education time reduction benefits by attempting to wrap up the principal job in 60 days, I didn't pay much mind to much else my first month but how to accomplish this and fell slightly short but I was off and accomplished what I considered to be my first major achievement.
Principal Perk Goal: 60 days
Principal Perk End: 61 days
20:00:49 - 07/07/24 You were promoted to Principal in the Education job for 30 job points
During this period I found out about Bazaars and I have a love for trading since RuneScape in the early 2000s so we were off!
I quickly made money and at some point I set a goal to hit 10B in bazaar income. I loved trading and it was the majority of what I did while playing Torn. Special thank you to Pinguux for teaching me the ropes, helping me out, and genuinely being a good person when everyone else was just mugging me when I didn't understand self hosping or GTs.
13:56:16 - 02/06/24 You used 250 points acquiring a Bazaar
As a result of the changes to the market I gave up on this goal and almost quit Torn. My trading was slowing down as it was, so as disheartening as that change was, it only put the nail in the coffin for me for trading and I shifted my attention to other places and kept on the grind at the game.
Goal Total Bazaar Income $10,000,000
End Total Bazaar Income $9,813,491,726
At some point I realized I was hurting my stat growth without taking Xanax and started off on the road to fix that so I set out on the goal of bringing my lifetime Xanax avg to 3 after hardly taking any my first month as well as reaching 1B total stats.
Neither of these goals were met, however, I am happy with the accomplishments and did not want to achieve 1B stats by completely stacking 1 single stat. I figured they were both a long shot with the fact that I pretty much avoided Xanax my first month... xD
Xanax Goal: 1,095
Xanax Taken: 994
Avg Goal: 3
Avg End: 2.72
Battle Stats Goal: 1,000,000,000
Battle Stats End: 298,529,754
Free Spy
Strength 163,506,961
Defense 52,962,826
Speed 44,626,980
Dexterity 37,432,987
Now for just accomplishments that weren't planned but just happened and it's hard to not take a little pride in!
Ranked #134 for treats collected during Halloween 2024 for players who joined after Halloween 2023.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16428566&b=0&a=0&to=25285171
Ranked #35 for most Xanax taken from Oct 2024 - Jan 2025
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16442944&b=0&a=0
This sparked the goal of wanting to make the top 10 for Feb 2025 - May 2025 so a few more weeks for those results!
Last but not least, being invited to be a council member for 39th Street Warriors, thank you Verb & everyone for bringing me on!
00:23:54 - 14/01/25 Verboten changed your position in 39th Street Warriors from Warrior to Council
It takes a village to raise a child and many people helped me with advice and guidance along to way but I'd like to give some credit to the following
Hell-Cat: you took me into your faction (Band of Brothers) when I was new and helped protect me, making my first memorable faction experience a good one, thank you!
DarkFire & the 39th Family: Thank you for recruiting me to Warriors in general, the support of the family has helped accomplish a lot of this.
MrChapsticks: You've been around and available since maybe my second week in Torn, thanks for everything buddy!
Thanks for reading!
If you've had any interactions with me it would be cool to hear them or it would be cool to hear any suggestions for goals by the end of year 2!
Mentions: Halloween Treats Leaderboard 2024 - Final · Torn Citizen Xanax & SE Usage - October to January