Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Account stealing

Started by dairyhouse [3458835] on in General Discussion.

141 replies · 2.48k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 142 / 142 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
142
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
70 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

bogie [148747] ×1 Chirrut_Imwe [2827523] ×1 iostream [3441155] ×1 star_114514 [3467178] ×1 WinRTAS [3505928] ×1 kongzi [3545518] ×1

dairyhouse [3458835]

Note:I am probably much younger than whoever is reading this post, and is not a native English speaker, please understand.

I have four enemies offline and in torn,whose account names are iostream, star_114514,kongzi,WinRTAS.iostream became my enemy for something I quite not understand,and his friends just followed.The four formed a league against me,doing bad things to me both on and offline.

Once,they were talking about a plan to steal my account. Luckily,I heard about it and prepared for it.On computer class,I played torn and logged out when class is over(our computer class has game time as long as we finished the work).Then I walked out of classroom and waited for a while and walked back in.I caught star_114514 red handed messing up on my computer.He failed to steal my account,of course.

Then on one day, kongzi bribed a friend of mine for 15M in torn to give my account password out.He told me this thing and didn’t do it.

After that they tried many times failing,to my pleasure.

But nowadays they are doing something else. They are setting a gigantic number of 100k bounties on me, and I suffered and counter-striked.But they just set more, I don’t think I will become winner to 4 people in this bounty-war.In addition,kongzi grabbed another player’s mengzi’s iPhone, which had DH-Bill-1122(my spouse online and friend offline)’s account logged on before.He succeeded in stealing his account,and dumped most of his things. I had him reported but I don’t have evidence it was Kongo,not mengzi.

I am now deeply distressed by the four.Could anyone help me?Maybe by giving me suggestions,giving them bounties,or even tell the newspaper about this “account stealing but no evidence” thing.Please.

Hamr [2027992]

TL;DR for everyone: dairyhouse is a schoolkid, the others are also schoolkids, these others tried to steal dairyhouse's password. Now everyone's pissy about it.

 

@dairyhouse - just ignore them. Change your password, and never tell anyone what it is. Account sharing is against Torn's rules. Account stealing is also against Torn rules.

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

Can we get the multi detector on this guy? This sounds like an elaborate story created to hide his multis and excuse one multi giving the other a bunch of items. If mengzi had his account stolen and his items lost, then surely he would've restored his account via email and reported it himself.

 

Knowing how petty kids can be I'm not ruling out that dairyhouse is telling the truth, but the story just seems a bit weird to me.

Jorgy411 [145507]

That was my thought process too. Then again, I’m the cynical type. Maybe he’s actually being harassed here irl. If that’s the case, that’s against the rules too, no?

TrippyZ3r0 [3677978]

Question... why does anyone have your password? Kinda seems like thats account sharing and isn't that against torn rules? Kinda lost... stealing phones? This story just seems out there is anyone gonna look into this? Definitely sounds like account sharing or selling... whatever is going on sounds like it's against the rule and this story seems like a cover up for a account trading gone wrong... Very Suspicious

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

Interesting that this kid made this forum post three hours ago asking for help and has been plenty active since then following our replies, but hasn't followed up on anything. Just leans into the idea even further that they're desperately trying to cover something up with the creation of this post.

TrippyZ3r0 [3677978]

Right? That's like buying some pot and getting finessed by the drug dealer, just to turn around to the cops pleading for help on a drug deal gone wrong... I'm looking forward to an update of how this all turns out. 

Gladion20 [1832984]

Since it’s in person, beat their asses? What do you want us to do, we aren’t staff. 

Korten [290467]

Can we just like, ban Gen Alpha from Torn?

I don't think we need them, there are enough zoomers in the world for positive growth.

Jester-_ [3160199]

My friend, all of these accounts are under a year old, half have more than 100m nw and none of them have even made it to 200 merits (one doesn't even have 100), what exactly would be there to buy? losers?

 

also here is clicky to confirm

Star

kong

ios

WinR

Mentions: iostream [3441155] · kongzi [3545518] · star_114514 [3467178] · WinRTAS [3505928]

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

It's entirely possible that they are all different people as OP says, I'm not denying that. But there's a lot of holes in OP"s story that just don't add up. Maybe it's just their poor English, but we can't know for sure until looking for telltale signs of multi-ing or if the OP keeps talking.

 

And just because someone has a bunch of multis doesn't mean they should be good at the game. Usually I expect the opposite tbh.

Jester-_ [3160199]

imo this is just kids being kids, not as different as how I remember it (I was victim of the "I love shit" when I left my email open in computers room lol) although all of them should get fedded if they are under 13, I don't want to believe kids 13+ act like that lmao

TrippyZ3r0 [3677978]

Even if there wasn't selling involved how the hell are passwords getting leaked. I literally can't think of a time any of my accounts on any game, email, etc. Ever got hacked.... even then how do you forget to log out. Even then why are you logging into an account on a public place where anyone has access? Nothing about this is logical or probable...