Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

$1 bazaar items

Started by MrKisdUrSistr [3128068] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 127 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
MrKisdUrSistr [3128068]

Currently trying to set up my bazaar to sell items for $1. I know they are locked but why, and do they only unlock on Black Friday? How exactly do those items work? Thanks in advance. 

Shooby [2510470]

they don't "unlock", they're available from the time you place them in your bazaar, but they're only available to randomly selected players.

Shooby [2510470]

Correct.  If someone is able to buy one of that item, they will be able to buy all of them.

 

While they'll be able to buy all of that item, if you have other items listed, they may or may not have access to those. 

Cthaeh [3719385]

Ok, sorry. This is a great question. I just purposefully parsed a bunch of $1 stores for 15 minutes and increased my item NW by like almost 2 mil... but I have a few follow up questions:

 

  1. If I find a bazaar with a bunch of $1 items, but a few of them are available to me and so I get them for $1. Does me buying those items influence my chance of getting locked items available for me in other bazaars?
  2. If I enter a bazaar and see N items unavailable, is there some kind of rotation of the random re-evaluating the item availability for a given player? In other words, does it make sense for me to revisit that bazaar later (assuming the owner didn't touch it) or is it calculated once and stays that way?
  3. Why does this mechanic even exist? Is it just to make newbs bookmark certain stores? Is it to get the items sold merit faster? Essentially advertisement mechanic? 
  4. Do you happen to know if I can pull the item availability for my character via the API? I presume no, or there would have been services offering monitoring. But maybe I'm wrong and they do exist?
Weav3r [1853324] Helper
  1. No
  2. No, unless the bazaar owner unlists that item and relists it then it will be available to a different set of randomly selected players
  3. It used to be an official annual Torn event for Black Friday, now it's just player run 
  4. No you cannot
nihilisticcat [2112766]

To clarify on point 3, when black Friday was a free for all there was a handful of script kiddies that basically was able to buy up all the $1 stock within 0.2-0.3 seconds of the Lister posting it, basically locking out everyone who didn't have the script (at peak times they had to live close enough to the severs or simply those with less server lag got the item)

 

This wasnt what really anyone wanted from the BF event, but with the rules set up as they were it was inevitable that people would take advantage lol, their solution was this locking mechanism to minimize the impact of script kiddies on the overall event. 

Cthaeh [3719385]

I'm sure they ended up fedded given how you're not allowed to automate clicks, only GETs. But I get the sentiment. They could have bought all within minutes by clicking to the same effect.

 

I see, it makes more sense now. Thanks a lot for expanding on this.