Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Skimming success rate low?

Started by uwulya [3768564] on in Questions & Answers.

2 replies · 143 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
uwulya [3768564]

Does anyone know if the skimming success rate is supposed to be very (very) low in the beginning? I have 2 success/ 5 failure/ 2 crit failure , all on installation. Is it just hard to install them, should I wait to try this crime later once I've done others, or was I just really unlucky?

IndyCision [2597200]

The later in the list the crimes are, the harder they are to complete.

Get your skills up higher in the earlier crimes first, then you can move to slightly harder ones and will fail those less.

If you are having a low success rate, you're not ready for that crime...

("Red fails" remove skill and XP and remove the progress you had gained, so you really don't want that)

 

MrLucasEE [3657243]

The intent is to start at search for cash, get most or all the way through it, and then start on bootlegging, etc.

 

I'd focus almost all my nerve on SFC.  Every now and again I'd drop a card skimmer, but in my experience, just do the bus stop.  It's safer than the others and will be easier to succeed with.  Let it be for as long as you c an manage.  I don't touch mine until they've got 2-300 cards on it, and then I pull and reset it.  I'm just starting on bootlegging and I'm already on level 61 for card skimming.