Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Negative money

Started by Usopp [328951] on in Bugs & Issues.

20 replies · 175 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

The mug is legit and your auction bid should have been disallowed because you were unconscious when you placed the bid. I will ask Pavel to check the missing locks.

 

narO fired 2 PI rounds of his Enfield SA-80 critically hitting Usopp in the Head for 4299. 17:32:52
narO mugged Usopp for $42,582,906 (+3.38). 17:32:54

 

17:32:54 - 03/06/25 Usopp placed a maximum bid of $xxxx on flare's auction of a Kodachi (Empower)

 

Thanks!

Usopp [328951]

Is the same second ? Also I was not in the hospital or it wouldn’t have let me bid 

 

how the conclusion is my bid was not legitimate is confusing 

 

not one thing you said has shown my bid being placed after I was put in hospital

 

 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You were left at 0 Life at 17:32:52 which should have disallowed letting you place your bid at 17:32:54.

Usopp [328951]

I’m not even trying to make a fuss, I just want you guys to be aware of this issue, but I just know I bidded before I was put in hospital, same way you can take a SED on 0 life maybe is a glitch or not, as long as you guys are aware, I didn’t wait to be on 0 life and bid not my job to stop my bid cause I’m on 0 life that’s a system issue

Abetting [2016807]

I thought you don't go to the hospital until the attacker selects leave/mug/hosp though. 

 

So even if he was at 0hp, the action might have gone through if he was already on the page and not technically put into the hospital yet. 

 

I thought that was a duo mugging technique for trade muggers where one attacks with money in the trade and the other cancels the trade while the attacker sits on the leave/mug/hosp menu before selecting. 

 

Though, this has nothing to do with AH, I'm just saying that could be the reason he was able to place the bet. 

Ozoraveki [3740766]

I had the same thought when I reviewed the logs.

 

That said, if he was already at 0 HP by xx:52, then technically, he shouldn’t have been able to place a bid at all.

 

Now here’s the tricky part — between xx:52 and xx:54, I believe he was in an “idle” or limbo state: not alive, yet not hospitalized either. This likely happened because the attackers hadn’t selected any of the three options (Leave, Mug, or Hospitalize) yet. That window allowed him to place the bid despite being at 0 HP, but any actions further than xx:52 will still be recorded at xx:52 as he was “unalive” by that point of time.

 

To prevent this, I’d suggest implementing a mechanism where once a player hits 0 HP, they are immediately placed in the hospital without a timer. The timer should only start once the attacker selects their action (i.e. Mug or Hospitalize). This would close the loophole while still preserving the attacker’s decision rights.

That said, this is my theory only. If we can get this to be tested, it would be great.

Usopp [328951]

Nothing I brought this issue to make them aware that is a problem ? Then I was told my bid wasn’t ligitmate like I was abusing the system, which is not the case

narO [2312928]

I was tapping the spot where the mug button would be on the attack, my connection to Torn isn't perfect so it takes a second to load sometimes, so I do this to hit the button as soon as it's available, I don't know if that helps with the bug. 

 

Edit: You were sent $1 from someone with the message: Why is no one asking how you knew? CHEATING SCRIPTER!

 

Because this person outbid me, I seen they were online, refreshed page, seen bid going up, so I mugged. Just dm and ask next time I won't bite if you're nice about it :) 

Usopp [328951]

Regardless I have a right to respond, is informative to you not me

 

when you claim something is not legitimate that suggests abuse no matter which way you slice it