Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attatmchent Mod problem

Started by Ap3xChaos [3576500] on in Bugs & Issues.

24 replies · 151 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Ap3xChaos [3576500]

Device: samsung SM-A037U Android: 13 App version: 2.2.30

 

A couple days ago I sent a gun I was using to a friend of mine during war. I had both of the only attachments I had on it, trigger mod and a grip. He got the gun and attachments. He now has and can equip my trigger and grip(he has 2 now because he had one already). I use multiple tabs so maybe that caused the glitch but he can't send back. How can this be reversed?

There is no mod area in my inventory anymore, it's just all completely gone.

Ap3xChaos [3576500]

I have screenshots from both people involved. When I land I will screenshot my inventory. That icon for mods is not there anymore. Also have screenshots of when I bought the attatchments with mission points, his shows the ones he bought, and screenshots of both logs of times equipped and what equipped. 

AshleyT [1432316]

Under normal conditions, weapon mods are removed from a weapon when un-equipped and weapons cannot be traded while they are equipped.

Are you sure the mods menu of your inventory tab is gone, as you say?

What you describe should be impossible.

Wenno [2757277]

I'd bet money that you still have the mods. They aren't traded with weapons. Some mods can only be equipped to certain weapon types, and it's possible that's why you think you lost some. But you have to re-equip them every time you equip a new weapon (as in, every time you equip a weapon. It won't save your attachments for any weapon--would be a nice addition to Torn though.) . Click here to go to your mods, or use this + sign in your items to select the mods that are compatible. 

 

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

Unless they making weapon mods tradeable now, which would be a wild idea really. 

R_N_B [2826203]

Those logs doesn't give any advantage nor insight lol

Give us logs when you sending the items at your friend

 

Make sure its general logs, so that we can see all activity before and after you send the items, and yeah, even when you fly you should be able to see and sc the logs

 

I'd bet that in your logs, mods automatically unequipped when you send the weapon

Wenno [2757277]

Spent way too much time trying to f**k with the game enough, but no matter what I did I was unable to send a weapon that's equipped. Even using loadouts. Based on your log, mine and your game operates differently. Mine unequips the mods the same time as my weapon, whereas yours it seems like it's switching the mods rather than unequipping them when the weapon is changed. 

 

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

Since there's a prevention for sending items that are equipped, it might actually be a thing that attachments are still on the gun which is so amusing to me because it's such a stupid bug. Maybe it's something to do with using multiple tabs on mobile and those having different data on the pages cached or something technical like that. I couldn't replicate it, but I'd love for CJ to give an explanation if he's able to 

 

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

Like the log doesn't even make sense. It somehow just broke itself.  [image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

WE HAVE A BREAKTHROUGH, IT'S LEGIT

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

Before:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

After:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

So it's gone from my inventory. And my friend's mods right now, with no equipped weapons that have mods on and his mods show this: Those are MY MAGAZINES

 

My friend's mods with no attachments on his equipped weapons:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

His inventory:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

I can confirm that this is due to some weird shit with tabs on PDA, maybe how they are loaded? I had the weapon with mods on (PC), equipped a new weapon and unequipped. Switched my tab on PDA to the mods page I had preloaded and quickly tapped on a mod to equip and my events then showed that I equipped a mod even though I didn't have a weapon equipped. Then I sent the weapon. I assume I could of refreshed my page in my inventory and I would of had attachments on an unequipped weapon. It's gotta be something funky with skipping the check for if a you have the weapon equipped while trying to put a mod on. I don't think your friend is going to be able to send those mods back in a traditional way 

 

My friend sent me my weapon back now, and it's in my inventory with the mod equipped but the weapon is not equipped. So yeah it shouldn't be possible to do, definitely a bug. Wonder which would be easier to fix, patching so under no circumstances mods can be equipped to unequipped weapons, or like a bandaid fix and having a check in place for mods being equipped when sending weapons. 

 

My inventory now:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

This was fun, hopefully the extra information helps staff replicating and fixing the bug, sorry for originally being dismissive and thinking it was a noob issue not looking at the right place.

 

EXTRA BUG, KINDA

With the mod equipped, I could list the weapon on my bazaar. Sold to friend, and again the mod was still equipped. (He sent it back) Definitely something to be looked at, as you could essentially sell attachments to people who need them. I imagine that's very against the rules though, definitely look into a fix for that. Also, when adding to my display case--the AK74U doesn't show having a mod equipped like it does when looking at my inventory. Still does have the mod equipped, and the mod disappears from my mods when it's in my display case. Still retains the attachment though. 

 

PS: The attachment I have on now is extra mags x1 since I sometimes use x2 

 

Update: Here's a screen recording from mobile replicating it for ease of access, as you can see the mod is equipped with no weapon equipped. It's able to be sent/sold like that.